View Single Post
Old 11th January 2017

Thanked 1,026 Times in 779 Posts
Liked 4,613 Times in 1,507 Posts
Re: Photo Challenge 91 - December Skies

Hi all - I thought I'd leave this to run a little longer since the entry roll call was looking a bit thin. Perhaps we need to do something to get the number of entries up since it's definitely getting progressively lower I think as time goes by. Maybe we should try to add something as a reward - maybe the chance to get a short portfolio featured in the site landing page for the following month? I'll PM Ian and see what he thinks.

However - to this month. Firstly, I'd like to thank all those that entered for some great shots. Despite the small number of entries, it wasn't easy picking a winner But, here goes...

Since the entry list was so short, I won't do a 3rd, 2nd and winner, but commend each of the entries first and then pick one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-by-u View Post

Along the banks of Kemijoki in Rovaniemi. In the far ground the bridge is Jorma Ston tie.
This is a wonderful shot with great composition and mood. However, the burn-out around the sun is pretty severe and could really do with toning down. I'm sure a bit of PP would do the trick. Nonetheless, a super shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wornish View Post

Earlier this evening
Beautiful colours and mood in this image. It really does capture the theme of the comp perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walti View Post
Christmas eve sky...
Similar to Wornish's shot in many ways and just as satisfying to look at. I think Walti's decision to minimise the ground to the benefit of sky has really worked and given us a great example of how winter sunsets can be so dramatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ224 View Post
Hendy Sunrise
Hendy Sunrise by Mark Johnson, on Flickr
Super shot. The beam of light above the clouds has lots of visual impact and has been very well captured

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
Early this morning just outside Alderton (EM1, 7-14 on my Polarie Tracker).

Wiltshire Morning Starscape by jonskids, on Flickr
A subtle and beautiful capture of a star studded sky with just the right amount of foreground interest to give it perspective. Super - I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM USer View Post

Silhouette.
A lovely industrial silhouette. Colours are fantastic and the foreground subjects give interest that makes you want to linger. Great shot.

So .... The winner...

It has to be Jon's Wilshire Starscape. Fantastic technical image and captivating artistically.

So - over to you Jon for the next challenge!
Portfolio Site
Instagram
The Following User Liked This Post:
skids (11th January 2017)