Thread: Woo Hoo!
View Single Post
Old 1st June 2016

Liked 709 Times in 476 Posts
Re: Woo Hoo!

Welcome to the club Margaret, it can be a very enjoyable one.

I'll just echo what several other people have said - retirement is only from paid work, the other stuff will quickly expand to take up more than the time available. When it happened to me after 50 straight years in harness (school, school, university, job with hardly a break) I wondered whether I might feel a bit lost and need something to fill the gap. No chance!

A friend received what I thought was a very good piece of advice - don't commit to anything that might tie you down for at least a year.

The Epson printer is great, I had to pension off an R2400 and replaced it with the SC-P600 and I'm very pleased with it. From experience I would recommend Fotospeed papers - better and cheaper than Epson's own, and with much more choice. They offer a free custom profiling service for papers of their own brand and those that they distribute (including Hahnemuhle, I think) and it works very well. I can print B&W with no discernible colour cast, which is quite a challenge in inkjet-land. I think Permajet offer a similar service but I haven't used it.

All the best ... John
The Following User Says Thank You to Bikie John For This Useful Post:
MargaretR (1st June 2016)