View Single Post
Old 21st March 2017

Liked 81 Times in 32 Posts
Re: Generating new interest in photo challenges

I also like the current method of the previous winner picking the new subject, as it has forced me to go out and take photos of some different subjects to what I would normally go for.

I haven't entered any challenges (or been particularly active here) for a few months now, but that is purely down to lack of camera use...and I do intend to start putting that right!

I have won a couple of challenges, and the judging element does put me off slightly...purely because I don't feel I'm particularly well placed to be judging other peoples photographs. At the end of the day I just had to pick what I found most pleasing, and while that is the intended criteria, I do feel that some method of letting the community vote is a fairer system.

I'm not sure removing the rule of having to upload to the e-group gallery will have any effect on the number of entries...although I do agree it is unnecessary and indeed should be removed. The process of uploading is slightly clunky, but I can't imagine that that would be what has put people off entering.

Those are my thoughts on the matter...for what they're worth!

Alan
The Following Users Liked This Post:
MJ224 (21st March 2017), OM USer (21st March 2017)