View Single Post
Old 16th March 2017

Liked 2,345 Times in 1,144 Posts
Re: Generating new interest in photo challenges

Whatever peoples thoughts are, we (if I may be so bold) run a monthly competition for quite some time. Successfully I would say. (not broke, don't fix)

Only problem is that it is not running NOW.

OK not many people enter, but that's the choice of members. We can tweak the voting etc, but in the end if only 10 members submit then that's what we deal with. At least there is a competition if that's the right word.

I much prefer the word "challenge" as the forum says, the competitive nature of the challenge is actually (virtually) zero.

As said those who do not want to enter, then don't. No problems. But my guess is that if their preferred subject is the months challenge they might submit something special, something for us to learn from.

That is what the challenge is about is it not.

Paul, might meet you this Monday at NEC, can we set a subject for March I know you are busy jetting around the world, and understand time is short. Maybe it should be easier to set subject.

My worms are in good nature and only want to get this "challenge" on the road again, no offense is intended. I can help in any way needed, I have the time and inclination as I am retired, may not have an expertise, but want to learn.....................

Mark J

My Flickr