View Single Post
Old 17th December 2015

Liked 2,486 Times in 869 Posts
Re: Meike Micro Four Thirds auto extension tubes reviewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagletorque View Post
I have 2 cheap sets the same sort of thing with metal mounts and they do all stack together and work. I would worry about the plastic mounts causing "dust" particles when rubbing up against the metal lens mounts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I haven't seen any evidence of the plastic degrading on the mounts. Don't forget that Olympus also use plastic lens mounts and of course Olympus has the best dust reduction system too.

Ian
These are not long term tests I presume. I have 3 Kooka tubes which are plastic and they had a screw come loose using the Sigma 105 on them leading to a loss of connection between tubes. This must have led to an air gap too I suppose and you would think I was using a Canikon the amount of dirt that is on my sensor.
This set up has had significant use I would suggest avoiding plastic tubes for all but occasional use or lighter lenses.

Finding decent tubes for m4/3 is not at all easy and Olympus need to get there finger out and produce a set of three like the OM set not just a single tube like the EX-25.
OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr