Thread: HELP! Luminar 2018 Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2017

Liked 408 Times in 189 Posts
Re: Luminar 2018 Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJJE View Post
I see that Macphun are about to relaunch their photo editing software as Luminar 2018, which will be available for Mac and Windows. They're aiming at previous users of Lightroom, but I'm thinking of using it to replace Photoshop Elements.

I've had a look at some reviews and their FAQs, but I'd appreciate any comments from anyone who has used previous incarnations. It seems to be a very good price for what looks to be a powerful yet easy to use photo editing program. (And only 53 if you pre-order it within the next 14 days!

Chris
I have been using Luminar for about 2 years. My current version is Luminar Neptune which can be opened up in Lightroom for further tweaking. Layering in Luminar is user friendly and simple to use. Luminar offers more tools than LR. Digital Asset Management is a new one. I have been offered an upgrade to 2018, but am still to decide about this. Macphun has a Facebook group and runs competitions with some great cash prizes. Members of the group are friendly and post up photos from Luminar and Aurora HDR daily.

Phil
https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc