View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2015
Administrator

Thanked 3,063 Times in 2,381 Posts
Liked 4,278 Times in 2,011 Posts
Re: Trading on the e-group forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kami View Post
We do have the occasional policeperson who is not a Mod rather spoiling the mood with open-thread and somewhat unfounded accusations. But, generally, it's okay if you buy; you can be prodded a bit if you try to point out price information on open threads, or if selling and that's your only contrinbution to the forum, or indeed if you (try to) sell in a way that is different from the Police-not-Mod's version of "normal".
I take it that you are referring to the recent For Sale thread that I closed yesterday. In fairness to John (whom you and others refer to as the policeperson) I have now looked in detail at the posting history of the member who started that thread and it is my opinion that John's concerns have been vindicated, which has prompted me to take appropriate action.

You make a good point about concerns being expressed in open thread, but once again in fairness to John I should explain that I still have not got around to investigating another issue that he previously brought to my attention by private message.

So you see, I am part of the problem and I must admit I have been struggling a bit just lately in my Mod role and my motivation. For this I apologise.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zuiko For This Useful Post:
Ross the fiddler (27th August 2015), Simon Bee (25th August 2015)
The Following Users Liked This Post:
shotokan101 (23rd August 2015), Simon Bee (25th August 2015)