Thread: Only Me?
View Single Post
Old 13th March 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Only Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Easton View Post
I am interested in that lens as a walk about lens. But the 70-300mm is next on my list. I would like it for May and the Triumph at the Prescott speed hill climb
I picked up mine new, at less than half price at a reputable fire salvage company I drop into now and again, for just this reason - random bargains. Complete inc. box and warranty cards. I've read some fairly smelly reviews of it, but..... as has been pointed out above with the kit 40-150, it is capable of really good results. Auto focus can be a bit sloppy in low light, quelle surprise.....Mk 1 eyeball carries the day.
I've read complaints regarding barrel distortion too, but I haven't noticed it yet. For the money it has really increased the reach of my photographs, but cost me a very modest amount. I'm hoping to christen it earnest on Saturday at Oulton Park.... Few obstructions without compromising your safety if you know where to stand, and all with a regular punters ticket.....

Last edited by adye1964; 13th March 2012 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Haven't quite got picture posting down yet......