View Single Post
Old 4th June 2017

Thanked 1,295 Times in 1,010 Posts
Liked 1,919 Times in 1,069 Posts
Re: Should I upgrade to E_M1 Mk II?

Thanks for all the replies. Basically I knew most of what you've mentioned as I have followed the threads since release but it is reassuring to specifically get the assurances from you here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyver View Post
Ross,
Yes you should go for it - especially if you think you might wish to photograph objects in motion.

The AF is vastly superior to the Mk1 - it's blindingly fast and accurate (especially after the recent f/w updates). I find that C-AF works well.

I don't miss the scene modes because I've never used them (always shoot in RAW).

It's obvious that you know your way round the Mk1 menus, so after you've had a careful read through the manual I'm sure you won't find configuring the Mk2 to your taste too daunting.

This is probably the best Olympus m43 technology that you'll see for the next 3 years - until the Mk3 is launched, so get it and enjoy it
Thanks, that's great. I have had a (PDF) copy of the manual since release too (& most other models to be informed when discussing tech details) but it will be a learning curve to get to know this model though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olybirder View Post
Nobody has mentioned the shutter sound which is so much nicer than the Mk I. Worth every penny of the asking price.

Ron
Yes, the lovely quiet shutter! The good part with this one is the dampening they've added to minimise shutter shock which in turn benefits the audible side of it too, a far cry from the great 'clunk' my old E30 made.

Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).