View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2017

Thanked 1,361 Times in 1,256 Posts
Liked 2,204 Times in 1,053 Posts
Re: Should I upgrade to E_M1 Mk II?

Ross when faced with the same dilemma as you I went for it. Overall I don't regret it but I'm still going up the learning curve. As everyone said the af is definitely better and the main reason I upgraded was to get the cross af points those times when my EM1 just wouldn't focus on a horizontal landscape really annoyed me so it's great that's gone. It was an expensive fix though but for overall usability I don't regret it. However, Olympus gave me a bigger issue by removing the wonderful Sunset scene mode (didn't see that coming) I'd say that a pretty good percentage of my Mk1 shots were taken with that scene mode and it always gave a great sunset image very quickly with no hassle at all and with little PPing needed. I've just never taken a sunset I've been happy with on the Mk2 Now this may just be me and maybe they will address the missing scenes with a firmware update (really really big request here Olympus) but until they do I will have to spend time doing comparison shots with the Mk1 to see if I can reproduce the settings. Certainly haven't managed it yet! So do I regret my upgrade on balance no as the af for aircraft was worth it but boy has that missing sunset mode taken the shine off my new purchase.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phill D For This Useful Post:
Ross the fiddler (3rd June 2017)