View Single Post
Old 6th June 2015

Liked 141 Times in 71 Posts
Re: i'm not old fashioned...

Did someone mention film...

Jealous of the darkroom. I hope to have a darkroom set up at home soon, until then I use a community darkroom in Cardiff.

I have way too many film cameras. This is just some of mine that have film in them at the moment:

A pair of Hassies - one loaded with Acros 100 and the other with Velvia 50

A pair of folders - An Agfa Record III loaded with Kodak Portra 400 and an Agfa Isolette I loaded with Ilford XP2

A pair of OMs - OM4ti loaded with Agfa CT Precisa and OM-1N loaded with Ilford XP2

Voigtlander Bessa R3A loaded with Fuji Natura 1600

Rolleicord Va loaded with Kodak Tri-X 400

And finally a camera that I'm using more and more these days, a Crown Graphic 5x4. Kind of getting addicted to those 5"x4" negatives and transparencies! At the moment my film holders are loaded with Provia 100 and Fomapan 100. I also have one holder loaded with Imago Direct Positive Paper.

I'm afraid digital holds no interest for me whatsoever these days, I'm firmly hooked on film. I did use my E-M5 to take these shots, though.

Later today I'll be firing up the Jobo and developing a 120 roll of Velvia from the Hasselblads and 6 sheets of Provia from the Crown Graphic. It is a potch to develop film, of course, but it's a process I enjoy and the excitement level of seeing transparencies come out of a developing tank is stratospheric compared to loading images on to a PC from an SD card. So to me it's all worthwhile.

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8
OM-1N, OM-10, OM-4ti, 24mm/2.8, 50mm/1.8, 85mm/2, Tamron 70-210mm/3.5
cariadus.com | flickr | tumblr
The Following User Liked This Post:
alfbranch (10th June 2015)