View Single Post
Old 20th April 2019

Liked 661 Times in 234 Posts
Daft some may say, but I don't think so......

A thread I posted on Leica Talk on Talkphography..........

My new CL
The bug has well and truly bitten, the Leica bug that is.
Just returned from the Botanic Garden of Wales, where we are members, with the CL card containing 75 images. All I can say is.... it's a dream and a shear pleasure to use with the 18-56.
Ha....who needs IBIS.
On a normal garden visit I would usually have nabbed about a quarter of that number with my Oly gear....there's just something about the CL, as previously mentioned...it's a dream......loving the range finder style and an EVF I can actually use with specs.
I shot jpgs in vivid, and RAW, the quality of the SOOC jpgs is amazing, and the vivid is beautiful.
I'm truly over the moon, so much so so that I have arranged to PX 'all' my Oly gear for the Leica 55-135 and a few quid in cash, paid into my bank.
DPD collect the Oly gear on Tuesday....free of charge.
I know it's not the most profitable way to shift gear, but as SWIMBO pointed out, it gets rid of it all in one go with no haggling and postage problems.
Suppose it's like a RR really, does the same as a Fiat....but differently.....no disrespect to Fiat owners.
Most importantly I throughly enjoyed it.

I've not enjoyed photography so much since I was 16'ish, about 50 years ago.

I'll miss you lot, well about 99% of you that is, it's been my pleasure, thanks to all.

BTW, I'm not wealthy, just an OAP who has worked and saved.
The Following Users Liked This Post:
bassman (21st April 2019), drmarkf (21st April 2019)