View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Split Screen Viewfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikie John View Post
They offered a choice of screens, but I can't remember the details. I think there was only one alternative, it might have been plain with a grid ruled on it, I would have to dig the E-1 out of mothballs to check. But because the body was designed to allow the user to change the screens it meant it was a lot easier to fit ones from third parties such as Katz Eye.

Hope this helps, I'll go foraging for the E-1 later.

Ciao ... John
Just curious John. I'm quite happy with my Katzeye so don't go rummaging just for me!

One thing I have noticed is that my eye has to be central to the eyecup for precise manual focusing. As I move my eye to the left or right the horizontal split in the screen will shift the upper and lower parts of a vertical line on the subject matter very slightly in relation to each other. This is very similar to when I look through a rifle scope and movement of my head alters slightly the crosshair position on the target. So long as you know this is a possibility you can position your eye correctly. It's second nature now for me when shooting rifles, not yet with the E-1 though.
--------------------------