View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2017
Thanked 2,907 Times in 2,250 Posts
Liked 3,670 Times in 1,730 Posts
Re: New Monthly Photo Challenge & E-System User Photographer of the Year

Originally Posted by Gwyver View Post
Good idea John - but perhaps you need to add a couple of constraints:-
  1. The image must be taken with an Olympus 'E' digital camera - i.e. 4/3 or m4/3.
  2. The image should have been taken within 6 months of the last date for submission - to prevent 'recycling' of old favourite images.
Yes, all entries will need to have been taken using an E-System camera or a Panasonic camera using an E-System (Zuiko) lens. I'm also inclined to allow XZ-1 and XZ-2 compacts.

I'm still not sure about limiting entries to those taken recently, after all a major reason for revamping the competition is the falling numbers of entries and the fewer constraints the better. However, this is a worthy aspiration provided it doesn't have a negative impact upon the number of entries. I might introduce it next year, when hopefully we will have solved any teething problems with the new format and the list of themes for the whole year is published in advance. Then it would make sense to specify that entries must be taken within a year, to match the period of notice given.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
The Following User Liked This Post:
MJ224 (22nd March 2017)