View Single Post
Old 17th September 2015

Liked 1,591 Times in 558 Posts
Communal Bird Photography Thread

The idea for this thread came about from an online discussion between Peter aka art frames and myself. We thought it might be interesting to have a thread dedicated to bird photographs by anybody who would like to contribute.

I realise that bird photography is an acquired taste and not appreciated by everyone but this thread could give members a chance to post photos for viewing, comments, advice and tips (given or taken) or just general bird-related chat.

You don't have to be a committed bird photographer but everybody is welcome to contribute if they have a photograph of a bird which they are proud of (or disappointed with and would like some advice.) It would probably be wise to limit the number of images to two or three at a time to prevent the thread becoming too unwieldly (on the other hand it might not take off at all.)

So have a root about on your hard drive and show us what you've got.

To start the ball rolling here are two shots of one of the many migrating Northern Wheatears which are in my area at the moment. It was taken on the ciiffs at Gunton Warren near Lowestoft, which is close to Pleasurewood Hills Amusement Park and above the nudist beach! I always feel slightly conspicuous wandering about there with my binoculars and camera with a long lens. I am sure I will get challenged one day.

As usual taken with the E-M1 and 75-300 II.

Ron
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Olybirder For This Useful Post:
cliff (18th September 2015), Mrs T (17th September 2015), Tordan58 (3rd October 2015)
The Following Users Liked This Post:
art frames (17th September 2015), cliff (18th September 2015), KeithL (6th October 2015), Mrs T (17th September 2015), raymondo (17th September 2015), RobEW (3rd March 2017), rsh1960 (18th September 2015), Thomas Westhead (18th September 2015), tomphotofx (20th October 2015), Wee man (9th January 2016)