Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   For sale or wanted small ads (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Trading on the e-group forum (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31604)

shotokan101 15th February 2015 10:39 AM

Re: Trading on the e-group forum

I recently advertised some Sony Nex gear here without a problem :)

Jim

Zuiko 15th February 2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bangaio (Post 331001)
Quick question - is it acceptable to sell anything else on here. I am after a couple of m43 lenses and have some fuji gear I am selling (xe1 and 18-55) to fund this. Can I offer them for sale in a wanted post or a separate post? I don't want to do the wrong sort of thing!

thanks

Thanks for asking, Bangaio. It's fine to advertize your Fuiji Gear - and great to hear that you are selling to fund some MFT lenses! :)

IanB 22nd August 2015 12:13 AM

as Ross said early in this thread, we don't have an OLY forum in Aust and the only place we can look for used Oly gear is Ebay/gumtree :(. I get a bit jealous when I see so much good used gear being traded on the this forum; but rules need to be made and kept without the mods having to play the big bad policeman.

marksovereign 23rd August 2015 11:36 AM

From someone who has just got into M4/3rd and seeking to buy the right kit from the right sellers after reading the forums experiences and feedback this is a little off putting

shotokan101 23rd August 2015 12:42 PM

<deleted> - now having reread some of the recent stuff I understand :)

Graham_of_Rainham 23rd August 2015 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marksovereign (Post 356463)
From someone who has just got into M4/3rd and seeking to buy the right kit from the right sellers after reading the forums experiences and feedback this is a little off putting

Hopefully you will not be put off. It's generally very good, with very few sales that go wrong.

shotokan101 23rd August 2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham_of_Rainham (Post 356476)
Hopefully you will not be put off. It's generally very good, with very few sales that go wrong.

I agree - usually a very friendly forum in general and a friendly trading environment too :)

Jim

marksovereign 23rd August 2015 04:07 PM

Thanks guys I sort of got the impression that a newbie shouldn't be buying from the classifieds - as though it was a privilege reserved for established members.

Graham_of_Rainham 23rd August 2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marksovereign (Post 356507)
Thanks guys I sort of got the impression that a newbie shouldn't be buying from the classifieds - as though it was a privilege reserved for established members.

Absolutely open to all members. Your money is every bit as good as my old white fivers :rolleyes:

Sometimes prices on here are really good in comparison with eBay, as there are no fees to factor in. We have had a few that seemed to appear, just to buy stuff, but as long as it's genuine (not an African prince) then most of the time things go well for both parties.

*chr

Kami 23rd August 2015 05:15 PM

We do have the occasional policeperson who is not a Mod rather spoiling the mood with open-thread and somewhat unfounded accusations. But, generally, it's okay if you buy; you can be prodded a bit if you try to point out price information on open threads, or if selling and that's your only contrinbution to the forum, or indeed if you (try to) sell in a way that is different from the Police-not-Mod's version of "normal".

Zuiko 23rd August 2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kami (Post 356513)
We do have the occasional policeperson who is not a Mod rather spoiling the mood with open-thread and somewhat unfounded accusations. But, generally, it's okay if you buy; you can be prodded a bit if you try to point out price information on open threads, or if selling and that's your only contrinbution to the forum, or indeed if you (try to) sell in a way that is different from the Police-not-Mod's version of "normal".

I take it that you are referring to the recent For Sale thread that I closed yesterday. In fairness to John (whom you and others refer to as the policeperson) I have now looked in detail at the posting history of the member who started that thread and it is my opinion that John's concerns have been vindicated, which has prompted me to take appropriate action.

You make a good point about concerns being expressed in open thread, but once again in fairness to John I should explain that I still have not got around to investigating another issue that he previously brought to my attention by private message.

So you see, I am part of the problem and I must admit I have been struggling a bit just lately in my Mod role and my motivation. For this I apologise.

Wee man 23rd August 2015 10:06 PM

Here here!

andym 24th August 2015 10:34 AM

See this thread to restore you faith in buying and selling on this site.

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39042

OM USer 25th August 2015 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham_of_Rainham (Post 356509)
.... Your money is every bit as good as my old white fivers

You have some white fivers? What do you wish to purchase with them?