Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Olympus OM-D E-M1 (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   ONE Macro Hibiscus (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29875)

Chevvyf1 31st October 2013 09:02 AM

ONE Macro Hibiscus
 
I took this the other day, in the "Jungle" its hot, dark (due to dense green foliage) and steamy in the Victorian Glasshouses at Staunton Park


http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/5...0161_-1_sm.jpg


It may not look much here, but the detail is amazing - especially, given I was playing about with settings.

It is OOC and just resized down for here but BIGGER on Flickr. I have to say I am quite impressed with this little camera :)

If you GOTO Flickr and DOUBLE CLICK on the flower - Flickr goes to full screen - then you can Pause and pixel peep at the velvet texture of the pink petals and the detail of the stamen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photoma...y/10573706534/


Shutter priority
ISO 400
Centre weighted average
Flash did not fire
WB Auto

Lens m.60mm f.2.8 macro
F 2.8
1/640
Contrast +2
Saturation +2
Sharp+2

StephenL 31st October 2013 09:27 AM

Re: ONE Macro Hibiscus
 
Saw this on Flickr. It's crystal-clear.

(BTW the aperture appears to be f4.5)

birdboy 31st October 2013 09:53 AM

Re: ONE Macro Hibiscus
 
This is very stunning and you have got the depth of field just right and using natural light.

Chevvyf1 31st October 2013 02:10 PM

Re: ONE Macro Hibiscus
 
Thanks Stephen ... now I am unable to read digits :( its been a tough day ... out to Milestones - a aircraft hanger museum, with darling little ones and a picnic lunch (because one was not really up to Lepe Country Park and Beach) ... and that ONE threw up in the crowded picnic area tables :( ... Grrr Nick is a saint :)

Birdboy , you, Stephen, Ozzi and Val Thank You - you have made my day !

ermm 4.5 eh ? must take another look !

Like I keep saying, about here, :) I am VERY WELL IMPRESSED with this tiny camera and oh! so small - but everso POTENT 60mm Macro lens :) We are going to have so much fun in Spring and Summer next year, together, forever :)

brian1208 31st October 2013 02:41 PM

Re: ONE Macro Hibiscus
 
Haven't had the chance to try the EM-1 with my 60mm macro yet but your image is making me itch to get the One back and have a go, nice work Chevvy

(I rate the images from my EM-5 + the 60mm macro as good as anything I got with my 7D + 100 f2.8 LIS canon macro, it is a stunning little tool)

StephenL 31st October 2013 03:04 PM

Re: ONE Macro Hibiscus
 
From the Exif:

Camera Maker: OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera Model: E-M1
Lens: OLYMPUS M.60mm F2.8 Macro
Image Date: 2013-10-24 13:41:58 +0100
Focal Length: 60.0mm
Aperture: f/4.5
Exposure Time: 0.0016 s (1/640)
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Center Weight
Exposure: shutter priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Manual
Flash Fired: No
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Caption: OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Software: PaintShop Pro 14.00


But it's sometimes difficult to see what you need to see, depending on how the Exif is displayed.

Xenon 31st October 2013 03:28 PM

Re: ONE Macro Hibiscus
 
Added this as a favourite ( and you too!) on Flickr, Chevvy. Fantastic detail :)

Chevvyf1 31st October 2013 03:45 PM

Re: ONE Macro Hibiscus
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by brian1208 (Post 260662)
Haven't had the chance to try the EM-1 with my 60mm macro yet but your image is making me itch to get the One back and have a go, nice work Chevvy

(I rate the images from my EM-5 + the 60mm macro as good as anything I got with my 7D + 100 f2.8 LIS canon macro, it is a stunning little tool)

Brian, Thank You :) I am sure looking forward to next Spring and Summer with this lens :) its capabilities/settings are so flexible - I was so VERY worried I would miss my Sigma 150 and Zuiko 50m and the Zuiko 35 (latter Nick nicked :( BUT this bad boy sure is an awful lota FUN :)

Chevvyf1 31st October 2013 03:48 PM

Re: ONE Macro Hibiscus
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenL (Post 260672)
From the Exif:

Camera Maker: OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera Model: E-M1
Lens: OLYMPUS M.60mm F2.8 Macro
Image Date: 2013-10-24 13:41:58 +0100
Focal Length: 60.0mm
Aperture: f/4.5
Exposure Time: 0.0016 s (1/640)
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Center Weight
Exposure: shutter priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Manual
Flash Fired: No
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Caption: OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Software: PaintShop Pro 14.00


But it's sometimes difficult to see what you need to see, depending on how the Exif is displayed.


ARGHHH! Stephen I had the e4M window open and the Corel showing exif and every time I wanted to scroll up or down (masses of exif data ...in Corel not sure if it would be "seen on here" :) so typed it in - as so many get annoyed not seieng the exif :( and the e4M window popped behind ... not a good day :( ... THANKS for this !

note to me : set up the GPS ? :cool:

Chevvyf1 31st October 2013 03:48 PM

Re: ONE Macro Hibiscus
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenon (Post 260676)
Added this as a favourite ( and you too!) on Flickr, Chevvy. Fantastic detail :)

Paul, Thank You :) now I know you two on Flickr :)

Xenon 31st October 2013 03:51 PM

Re: ONE Macro Hibiscus
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 (Post 260681)
Paul, Thank You :) now I know you two on Flickr :)

Indeed :)

Andre has informed me my ONE is being sent out today!
I'm looking forward to trying my 60mm macro on the new body :)

Chevvyf1 31st October 2013 03:56 PM

Re: ONE Macro Hibiscus
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenon (Post 260682)
Indeed :)

Andre has informed me my ONE is being sent out today!
I'm looking forward to trying my 60mm macro on the new body :)

Whoa *chr You are joining the ONE Club for this weekend :)

IT is so very VERY different to the E-5 and took me 2 and a half weeks to get to like it and 3 and a half weeks to really LURVE IT :) Macro and flowers/bees are one of my VERY FAV subjects so we shall have lots of fun with this kit *chr

ps Paul, sorry but I am away with CanIkon mates this weekend - but I have posted my FAV settings a few times :) not got the low light right yet :( and shall practise this weekend :)

Phill D 31st October 2013 08:15 PM

Re: ONE Macro Hibiscus
 
That's a stunning shot Chevvy nicely done.

Chevvyf1 31st October 2013 08:32 PM

Re: ONE Macro Hibiscus
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phill D (Post 260734)
That's a stunning shot Chevvy nicely done.

Thank You Phill *chr I am pretty chuffed :)

Peter_Hartland 31st October 2013 10:03 PM

Re: ONE Macro Hibiscus
 
Lovely clear & focused image.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:28 PM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2019, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger