Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   For sale or wanted small ads (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   For sale Four-third kit for sale (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48705)

WPJ 31st August 2018 06:33 PM

Four-third kit for sale

All Items are now removed from Sale - Thank you.

CJJE 3rd September 2018 04:39 PM

Re: Four-third kit for sale

The big gap in the M4/3 prime lens range is a 150mm/135mm lens... so I've been tempted by the thought of getting a 4/3 150mm f2 :)

I know they're very expensive when new, but I don't think I can justify spending 900 for one either :(

Any chance of a reduction in the price??

Chris

Jim Ford 3rd September 2018 04:53 PM

Go on buy it Chris - it will then stop me from fretting over it!

;)

Jim

WPJ 3rd September 2018 05:05 PM

Hi Chris

I know 900 may appear expensive. Ebay have a few from 1200 to 2800. I was thinking Id priced it competitively.

More than happy to hear an offer from you.

Kind regards

Paul

CJJE 3rd September 2018 05:22 PM

Yes I'm not criticising your valuation, Paul... just wincing over the cost of filling the gap in my lens collection! (And the spanking I'll get from my wife if I give in :) )

Could you describe its condition, and whether it includes its lens case, lens hood etc?

I'm thinking I'd have to find an adapter to fit it on my E-M1 MkII... and then I'd also be hankering over an EX-14 tele-extender so it will turn out even more expensive that it appears :(

CJJE 3rd September 2018 05:55 PM

I now see that WEX are advertising one for 841, complete with all caps, hood and case, albeit they describe its condition as 'Lens shows signs of use, lens shows obvious signs of use including wear to the lens mount, heavy wear to the hood mount, wear to the grips, scratches to the distance scale glass and general marks and scratches to the barrel and tripod foot. The optics show dust throughout the optics although this will not affect the images in any way.'

They also offer a warranty on used goods of course, but if yours is in a better condition I could still be interested.

Jim Ford 3rd September 2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJJE (Post 456904)
Yes I'm not criticising your valuation, Paul... just wincing over the cost of filling the gap in my lens collection! (And the spanking I'll get from my wife if I give in :)

Just get it Chris - you know you'll enjoy it (the lens, not the spanking!).

;)

Jim

Grumps1974 3rd September 2018 07:53 PM

I have an m4/3 system and the adapter for it to accept 4/3 lenses. Can you put up pictures of the 70-300 lens and a description of its condition please?

WPJ 3rd September 2018 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumps1974 (Post 456911)
I have an m4/3 system and the adapter for it to accept 4/3 lenses. Can you put up pictures of the 70-300 lens and a description of its condition please?

I'll sort images out as soon as I can for you.

WPJ 3rd September 2018 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJJE (Post 456908)
I now see that WEX are advertising one for 841, complete with all caps, hood and case, albeit they describe its condition as 'Lens shows signs of use, lens shows obvious signs of use including wear to the lens mount, heavy wear to the hood mount, wear to the grips, scratches to the distance scale glass and general marks and scratches to the barrel and tripod foot. The optics show dust throughout the optics although this will not affect the images in any way.'

They also offer a warranty on used goods of course, but if yours is in a better condition I could still be interested.

I can't offer a warranty unfortunately. The lens is in good condition. I'll sort some images out for you. I also have the 1.4 and 2times extenders also available :)

Rebnats 4th September 2018 11:09 AM

Hi, I would be interested in your 70-300 lens if you or someone could confirm for me it will fit my EM1011 without the need of an adapter. Thanks.

Kami 4th September 2018 01:52 PM

It'll need an adapter, Rebnats. Your EM10ii is (newer) m4/3, this gear is (older) 4/3.

WPJ 4th September 2018 08:55 PM

Images of 70-300 and 150 here: https://paulwatsonphotography.pixies...pusfourthirds/

CJJE 4th September 2018 10:24 PM

Thanks Paul,

The 150mm certainly looks good... can you confirm that it comes with its LH-89 lens hood and LSH-1220 lens case please?

Chris

WPJ 4th September 2018 10:28 PM

Yes lens hood and case come with it.