Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   For sale or wanted small ads (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   For sale A couple of lenses (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45776)

freewheeler 3rd August 2017 09:09 AM

A couple of lenses

Hiya all, I've decided to part with my 50-200 non SWD, it doesn't get used due to it is a bit heavy for my liking. It comes complete with both end caps and Olympus lens bag, the lens is in very good condition and I can't see any cosmetic marks, there is a Hoya uv filter fitted, tripod collar and of course the lens hood. I'm looking for 300 plus postage. The filter has a couple of marks on the filter glass but they don't interfere with the image.
Also for sale is the ED-50 Macro 1:2 lens, again the lens is in very good condition, the hood has a mark on it. Both caps are present and a soft lens pouch, there is no box but it will be well packaged. Looking for 175 plus postage or pick up/meet up for the exchange.
I can upload pictures if anyone is interested.
Cheers, Dave

50mm Sold

RobEW 3rd August 2017 07:14 PM

Re: A couple of lenses

Both great lenses. (I already have both too)

freewheeler 14th August 2017 10:21 AM

Am I asking too much for these lenses ? can't believe there is no interest for quality glass.

pdk42 14th August 2017 12:59 PM

Does the 50mm macro offer a 1:1 magnification? If so, I'll take it.

freewheeler 14th August 2017 01:02 PM

No Paul 1:2

Phill D 15th August 2017 07:30 AM

It's still a great lens Paul one of the best 4/3s ones. Don't use mine very often but Harold often uses his for macros and adds a multiplier lens.

Phill D 15th August 2017 07:38 AM

Actually as you asked Freewheeler, lens prices all depend on condition. Assuming they are in excellent condition I'd say your 50mm is at the right price but the 50-200 is a bit high for a non SWD version. Maybe 250ish would be better. They are both lovely glass though I still have my 50mm and only sold the 50-200 when I got a 40-150 pro. Hope this helps good luck with the sale. Good glass deserves a good home.

MJ0RZD 15th August 2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdk42 (Post 424760)
Does the 50mm macro offer a 1:1 magnification?...,.

The 50mm macro will give 1:1 with the matching Olympus 4/3 extension tube (the EX-25).

Phill D 15th August 2017 09:37 AM

Oh of course I forgot that, and it works very well.

Jim Ford 15th August 2017 10:16 AM

From the conclusions, when dpreview tested this lens in 2009:

"The Olympus Zuiko Digital 50mm F2.0 Macro is a lens which we've held in high regard ever since we started using it for our reviews of Four Thirds camera bodies, and subjecting it to our full optical test suite shows precisely why. Certainly in terms of the studio results, it's the nearest we've yet found to a technically perfect lens (although it's important to appreciate that we haven't yet tested any comparable short tele macros for other formats). It's impressively sharp right across the frame even wide open, shows no significant lateral chromatic aberration or vignetting, and is near-perfectly corrected for distortion. Real world results not only bear this out, but also show that the lens maintains image quality across the entire focus distance range, making it suitable for macro, portraits and general-purpose short telephoto use alike - no mean feat at all. And in design terms it's compact and reasonably lightweight, yet solidly build and weatherproofed, providing a combination of features unmatched by any other manufacturer."

Jim

freewheeler 15th August 2017 10:57 AM

Thanks for all the responses and input. E-bay have few 50-200 but I've not checked whether or not they are SWD but they're all priced higher than mine, so those were the prices I was basing mine on.

pdk42 15th August 2017 09:30 PM

Thanks for info on magnification. I have the 60mm f2.8 macro, but I've heard so much about this old 4/3 lens that I thought it might make a replacement. However, I really don't want to have to add extension tubes etc to get to 1:1 so I think I'll pass - sorry! Good luck with the sale though.

freewheeler 15th August 2017 09:46 PM

No problem Paul

freewheeler 17th August 2017 09:09 AM

Price Reduction, 50-200mm now 270.00 plus postage or collect and 50mm 160 plus postage or collection

Lee 22nd August 2017 07:45 PM

PM sent.
Lee.