Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Olympus OM-D E-M10 (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Olympus Image Share - Import Photos (Am I being dumb?) (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38788)

IanH1967 28th July 2015 12:42 PM

Olympus Image Share - Import Photos (Am I being dumb?)

Dear all,

I take some photos without remote control on. I then take same photos using remote control from my iPhone app. I can import photos that were taking using the app from the camera to the phone but I can't import the other photos that weren't taken with remote control. Is that right? I can only import photos that have been taken using the OI remote control.

Thanks,
Ian

Graham_of_Rainham 28th July 2015 05:07 PM

Re: Olympus Image Share - Import Photos (Am I being dumb?)

Hello Ian,

I just tried it to make sure. It imports images from the camera regardless of how it was taken.

The images will be saved in Camera Roll (iPhone) in the date order in which they were taken.

I have to connect my phone to the camera manually every time at home as the WiFi router is the 1st on the list of "auto connects"

Good luck.

sdb123 28th July 2015 05:37 PM

I use this with my E-M10 all time and you can import photos taken either with the remote control app or taken through the camera.

Make sure you select connect to smartphone in the camera menu and then select the camera from the device's wi-fi menu. The selected images will be imported and saved in date order within the photos area of your device.

IanH1967 28th July 2015 06:06 PM

Thanks for your replies, however, it's still not having it :-)

I can connect the camera and phone just fine. When I go into "Import Photos", none of the photos on the camera are displayed.

I then take a shot using the phones "Remote Control" and that appears in the "Imports Photos". I'm confused!

Graham_of_Rainham 28th July 2015 06:38 PM

Just some thoughts (aka clutching at straws): :confused:

Are you shooting RAW+JPG *??? If so try setting to just RAW or JPG

I take it you haven't got a WiFi card in the camera.

IanH1967 28th July 2015 06:40 PM

Hi Graham,

Nope just RAW and no wifi card in the camera.

Cheers!

sdb123 28th July 2015 08:17 PM

I might be wrong however I'm sure the camera only transfers jpegs not RAW files; out of interest just shoot a bog std jpeg and try importing that (I shoot RAW + jpeg FWIW).

IanH1967 28th July 2015 08:30 PM

Bang on sir!
Yep, looks like jpg's only and not RAW. You have restored my sanity, for that I thank you lol. I will now shoot both :-)

Would've been nice to put that in the manual!

PeterBirder 28th July 2015 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanH1967 (Post 353910)
Bang on sir!
Yep, looks like jpg's only and not RAW. You have restored my sanity, for that I thank you lol. I will now shoot both :-)

Would've been nice to put that in the manual!

The problem lies with the iphone not the camera or OI share. The iphone does not have a raw converter to enable the data to be displayed.

Regards.*chr

IanH1967 28th July 2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterBirder (Post 353915)
The problem lies with the iphone not the camera or OI share. The iphone does not have a raw converter to enable the data to be displayed.

Regards.*chr

That would make sense. Does any phone have a raw converter?

PeterBirder 28th July 2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanH1967 (Post 353916)
That would make sense. Does any phone have a raw converter?

Just did a check and there is an App for Iphone 6 called PhotoRaw Lite (free) which will enable raw files to be displayed but not processed. The full PhotoRaw (7.99) seems to offer the ability to process but there doesn't seem to me to be much point in trying to process/edit images from raw with such a small screen. Using the app on an ipad may be a different matter.

Regards.*chr

sdb123 28th July 2015 09:56 PM

I just did a search online and found this OI Share Q&A page on Olympus.jp (in English).

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...ducts/oishare/