Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   For sale or wanted small ads (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   For sale How would you go about selling this... (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22308)

DJMC 14th August 2012 02:49 PM

How would you go about selling this...

:rolleyes:

I'm having an epiphany and am thinking about selling my E-PL2 kit. :eek:

Don't worry, I'm sticking with Olympus!

I have a boxed black E-PL2 and 14-150 lens.

Should I sell the body separately or with the lens?

The E-PL2 and 14-150 may be a little expensive when bundled together, at over 400, but someone may well want another PEN body as a backup for, say, 125 and an OM-D user may just want the lens/caps/hood at, say, 275.

What's my best option, or have I answered it myself!?

:confused:

StephenL 14th August 2012 03:03 PM

Re: How would you go about selling this...

Sell them separately. And perhaps offer a wee discount if buying both together.

Actually, in the example you've given, the body sounds a little cheap to me!

DJMC 14th August 2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenL (Post 181909)
Sell them separately. And perhaps offer a wee discount if buying both together.

Actually, in the example you've given, the body sounds a little cheap to me!

Thanks Stephen. What then... 150 for the body and 300 for the lens???

I took the E-PL2/VF-2 and zoom to Ironbridge over the weekend and forced myself to use it exclusively rather than the XZ-1. On reflection, there were no shots for which I couldn't have produced similar results with the XZ-1 and so it's left me with a rather cold feeling toward it, comparatively speaking.

The shots it took were great, don't get me wrong, but it just felt unnecessary for my 'casual' approach to photography.

I think I'll let more of an enthusiast who might appreciate it benefit from the PEN phenomenon!

;)

StephenL 14th August 2012 04:00 PM

That's a really nice shot of the bridge. Must go back sometime.

Those prices sound OK, and leave a little room for negotiation.

Chevvyf1 14th August 2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenL (Post 181926)
That's a really nice shot of the bridge. Must go back sometime.

Those prices sound OK, and leave a little room for negotiation.

That is a CRACKER of a shot ! excellent and your post processing too :)

FAB bit of kit - I keep feeling "tempted" but then I know if I had a less bit of kit then the E-5 I would cuss not taking the E-5 and not getting my shot :( ...

I rather suspect this will find a new home on here VERY quickly ! even Mark aka Pandora may want it :) it may be woth a pm to him :)

DJMC 14th August 2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 (Post 181932)
That is a CRACKER of a shot ! excellent and your post processing too :)

FAB bit of kit - I keep feeling "tempted" but then I know if I had a less bit of kit then the E-5 I would cuss not taking the E-5 and not getting my shot :( ...

I rather suspect this will find a new home on here VERY quickly ! even Mark aka Pandora may want it :) it may be woth a pm to him :)

No post processing Chevvy, it's a jpeg straight out of the camera.

*chr

Chevvyf1 14th August 2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJMC (Post 181935)
No post processing Chevvy, it's a jpeg straight out of the camera.

*chr

OMG :eek: REALLY !

um is it 4/3rds or m 4/3rds ?
and what is moving objects CAF like ?

DJMC 14th August 2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 (Post 181939)
OMG :eek: REALLY !

um is it 4/3rds or m 4/3rds ?
and what is moving objects CAF like ?

...calm down!...calm down :rolleyes:

The shot was taken with 'dramatic tone' filter, as was this one from my XZ-1:

It's m43 being a PEN, and your 43 lenses may suffer from slow AF if you fit them with the MMF-1, 2, or 3.

I've no idea about moving CAF, you'll have to do some research, post a thread asking, or hope someone comes along...

Haven't you gone the PEN route yet like everyone else seems to? Or are you afraid your E-5 would become redundant? :eek:

Chevvyf1 14th August 2012 05:36 PM

David, "you afraid your E-5 would become redundant? "

you got it in one :) I am never less than truly amazed by the High IQ from my E-5 and Zuiko Glass :cool: and its acceptable weight :D

However, I am VERY impressed by these examples :D

Does it do RAW too ?

I held out for E-1 and then upgraded late straight to E-5 and had I not joined here and then seen E-5 High IQ shots I would still be happy with my E-1's :D and have more money in my pockets ... :cool:

DJMC 14th August 2012 05:52 PM

Yes, it does RAW or JPEG+RAW. In fact I put the bridge RAW shot into Viewer 2 but couldn't really improve on it, but then I'm a PP novice!

Hence I just posted the JPEG OOC shot.

I'm not sure, but isn't the E-PL2 sensor and processor equal to if not superior to the E-5's?

:confused:

Swordfish 14th August 2012 06:01 PM

I have an epl-2 and E5 and I use them probably an equal amount. As far as I am aware they have the same sensor and AA filter plus processor - I am more than happy with results I get from both.

The advantage of the Pen is obviously size and weight and I use it for walking cities etc. with 14-42 and 40-150 lens; I have had great results.

The E5 is mainly used at home when I have more time or for wildlife etc. when pairing it with 4/3 zuiko glass again gives great results.

Quite honestly I couldn't see how I could improve on this combination of cameras and I love them!

I have said before that an epl-2 has to be the best bargain out there at the moment.

Martin

DJMC 14th August 2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordfish (Post 181958)
i have said before that an epl-2 has to be the best bargain out there at the moment.

Martin

250!?

;)