Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Photo challenges (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Have you seen the new winners thread? (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46248)

Walti 3rd October 2017 05:08 PM

Have you seen the new winners thread?

There's a new thread slowly developing in the competitions forum showcasing the winners of each month....

Andy and Mark have been very hard at work creating it, I've been sitting back and watching!

Any opinions of how it looks?

Its here:

Paul

AMc 4th October 2017 09:23 AM

Re: Have you seen the new winners thread?

Looks good - can we have each month in a fresh post so it pops up in the unread threads and you can jump down to the most recent winner?

Gwyver 4th October 2017 03:52 PM

Good to see the winning images in one place - though the thread might become overlong in time.

I think it would be good if each month the competition submissions were loaded into a new folder on the Forum's image gallery. This would make it much easier for viewers to compare all the entries and then cast their vote (rather than scrolling back & forth through a thread) .

Subsequently the winning entries from each monthly competition could also be loaded into a Winners folder in the image gallery.

With this and possibly a new clickable item (to access the competition gallery directly) on the Forum's menu bar it might encourage more partiticipation.

MJ224 4th October 2017 04:22 PM

All ideas are welcome.

Zuiko designed the competition, but nothing is set in stone. Don't want to change for the sake of it, but as said all ideas from us members are welcome.

Just to add that there are up to 28 members competing in the Monthly Challenge, hopefully more in the future.

Ain't broke don't fix it is what I think...........*chr

MJ224 4th October 2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnheatingman (Post 428896)
My sentiments precisely Mark. Keep up the great work *chr

Regards,

John

Add Paul to that (Walti) please.............*chr

And many thanks to Shenstone for doing the biz..............:cool:

Gwyver 4th October 2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnheatingman (Post 428892)
So many on here seem unhappy or dis-satisfied with the status quo ! A new idea has just been created to show winning entries and within hours there are suggestions for changes or alterations. Maybe every member should be given the forum software so they can create a forum version which meets all their requirements :D

John

John,
Humble apologies if my post has offended you - though you may have noticed that I did say I liked what Andy, Mark & Walti had done.

MJ224 5th October 2017 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnheatingman (Post 428905)
No problem Chris i'm not offended in the slightest and I did notice your comment. I was just trying to make a point that seems to apply in so many cases on the forum. As Mark rightly states "if its not broken don't fix it" ....... or at least give it chance to fall to bits :D:D:D

Regards,

John

Give it time John............A wheel is bound to fall off sooner or later..*chr*chr

shenstone 5th October 2017 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMc (Post 428836)
Looks good - can we have each month in a fresh post so it pops up in the unread threads and you can jump down to the most recent winner?

Thanks for the suggestion

I did think about doing it that way but it meant opening and closing the thread which would mean people could "leap in" and add their own posts and the request/idea was to keep it looking clean

I will (as I continue to learn about the platform) see if there is a way to mar it unread /change the date/ do what you suggested

but for now it will stay at the top as a sticky

Regards
Andy

AMc 5th October 2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenstone (Post 428952)
Thanks for the suggestion

I did think about doing it that way but it meant opening and closing the thread which would mean people could "leap in" and add their own posts and the request/idea was to keep it looking clean

I will (as I continue to learn about the platform) see if there is a way to mar it unread /change the date/ do what you suggested

but for now it will stay at the top as a sticky

Regards
Andy

Sounds good - it was only a suggestion as you asked for opinions :).
I tend to use the "new posts>Get all new posts" drop down so I might miss stickies etc unless they have a new post.
As I said, looks good *chr!

shenstone 6th October 2017 03:48 PM

in order to keep the challenge showcase clean AND prompt people to look at it for inspiration

Here is a notification that it is now up to date

And another link to it