Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Site news (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Server move around 8AM on Monday 17th July (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45599)

Ian 16th July 2017 06:46 PM

Server move around 8AM on Monday 17th July

The server migration will take place tomorrow morning on Monday 17th July at approximately 8AM. The transfer doesn't take a long time. The main wait will be for DNS servers to be updated with the server's new IP address.

You can keep up to date with the migration progress here, on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/write_tech

Please note that this is only the server move, not the OS update I have previously announced. By moving the server and increasing the disk storage space we will prevent some of the recent instability we've been experiencing.

However, as soon as the server move is stable, I will start work on updating our applications.

Ian

Bikie John 16th July 2017 07:07 PM

Re: Server move around 8AM on Monday 17th July

Thanks Ian, good luck. All available digits crossed.

Thanks also for the Twitter link.

John

Ross the fiddler 16th July 2017 10:08 PM

I'll be thinking of you as I cook dinner Monday night here. ;) Hope all goes well & I'll check after dinner to see how things have got on, but realise the DNS server might not update till the next day though.

*chr

Wee man 16th July 2017 10:23 PM

Thanks Ian hope to check in tomorrow night I take it tapatalk will opetate?
Ed

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Otto 17th July 2017 07:37 AM

Seems to have worked fine Ian - based on a message saying the upgrade was in progress half an hour or so ago!

Zuiko 17th July 2017 07:45 AM

It's looking good, I love the new 3D picture displays! :D

Ian 17th July 2017 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuiko (Post 421155)
It's looking good, I love the new 3D picture displays! :D

3D picture displays?! :)

Yes the move has completed - now I just need to know if anyone discovers any strangeness - please post here, thanks!

Ian

Ross the fiddler 17th July 2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 421156)
3D picture displays?! :)

Yes the move has completed - now I just need to know if anyone discovers any strangeness - please post here, thanks!

Ian

Good news! I've cooked our dinner & just sat down to have a look. I'm glad to see all went well then (hopefully?).

*chr

Walti 17th July 2017 08:23 AM

Ian

On the previous version, the search for new posts gave a listing with the thread title in bold which changed to normal after reading. The new version doesn't seem to do that...

(Apple MacBook Pro running Safari)

Don't know if this is a parameter that needs setting - or a change...

Paul

Ian 17th July 2017 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walti (Post 421161)
Ian

On the previous version, the search for new posts gave a listing with the thread title in bold which changed to normal after reading. The new version doesn't seem to do that...

(Apple MacBook Pro running Safari)

Don't know if this is a parameter that needs setting - or a change...

Paul

That might be something to do with cookies. Can you try logging out, closing your browser and re-logging in?

Ian

Walti 17th July 2017 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 421162)
That might be something to do with cookies. Can you try logging out, closing your browser and re-logging in?

Ian

Fixed!

Thanks

Ian 17th July 2017 10:26 AM

John, again most likely to be a cookie issue. I'd advise re-booting your browser and maybe logging out and logging back in beforehand.

Ian

Ian 17th July 2017 10:37 AM

Keep in touch with developmenst while the site is down via: https://twitter.com/write_tech

Ian 17th July 2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnheatingman (Post 421191)
Tried that just now with no improvement. The index still has to be refreshed manually as do any new posts. I've tried via IE, Opera and Chrome with the same result.

Regards,

John

I need a bit of help :) Can you describe what happened before and what is different now? I realise you already did this but I can't quite visualise it from your original description. This could be because I need another coffee... but if you could bear with me!

Ian

Ian 17th July 2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnheatingman (Post 421193)
No e-mail notifications being received for subscribed posts either Ian

John

OK, I will look into that... bit tricky as I definitely am receiving email notifications.

Ian