Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Site news (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   HELP! If you are planning an Amazon purchase... (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30436)

Ian 29th November 2013 02:06 PM

If you are planning an Amazon purchase...

Buy through the FTU Amazon shop and help support the E-Group and our other work

We always encourage the support of local camera dealers who work hard to serve their customers at a time when competition from online retailers makes survival increasingly difficult.

However, if you choose to buy from Amazon - and that means ANYTHING, not just photography products - please considering using the Amazon eShop on our sibling site Four Thirds User. You can find it here:

http://fourthirds-user.com/buyers_guide.php

If you buy through links on our eShop pages we will earn a small but welcome commission. Apart from the hire service, we don't earn any more now form the E-Group than we did 6 years ago when this site was launched.

Any purchase via our Amazon shop will provide valuable income and it won't cost you any extra. Indeed, it may make your purchasing just that little more satisfying.

If the eShop doesn't list what you are looking for, do let us know. You don't have to purchase featured items to generate income for us; you can use the search facility instead although the commission rate is not as high. But we welcome anything :)

Thanks,

Ian

David Morison 29th November 2013 02:50 PM

Re: If you are planning an Amazon purchase...

gosh I wish I'd realised this earlier - just spent a bit on grand kids prezzies. i'll know in future!

byegad 29th November 2013 03:28 PM

I certainly will. As above, I've spent a fortune over the last year, sadly too late to credit the group, but will certainly look to buy through the link in future.

Wally 29th November 2013 04:10 PM

Had a quick shufti looking for blue-ray films / TV series etc., and nothing shows? Looking to get some of the Danish series of TV shows showing on UKTV. Some of these are yet to be released so could be future products to help out supplement the group forum income?

Ian 29th November 2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally (Post 266814)
Had a quick shufti looking for blue-ray films / TV series etc., and nothing shows? Looking to get some of the Danish series of TV shows showing on UKTV. Some of these are yet to be released so could be future products to help out supplement the group forum income?

OK - I will add some of the more popular categories to the search list :)

Ian

Chevvyf1 29th November 2013 05:22 PM

Grrr ! I did post a thread about this months ago ... and I have a hot link in my FAVs folder ... trouble is I am using Mozilla now ...

But I have it in Mozilla Bookmarks now :)

skids 29th November 2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Morison (Post 266804)
gosh I wish I'd realised this earlier - just spent a bit on grand kids prezzies. i'll know in future!

Wish I had realised earlier as well - bought my EM1 off Amazon last week!

Chevvyf1 29th November 2013 05:57 PM

Ian, its not working :( Just tried to purchase a few prezzies there via your 4m and its not working :(

Linzdt 29th November 2013 06:36 PM

I also have recently spent a lot on Amazon but still have prezzies to buy. Is it not possible to include the Amazon link details somewhere on the header of each page?

Stewart G 30th November 2013 03:33 AM

Gotcha, Ian...am not too fond of Amazon, but will heretofar send commissions your way!

Ian 2nd December 2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 (Post 266830)
Ian, its not working :( Just tried to purchase a few prezzies there via your 4m and its not working :(

Can you describe the problem?

Ian

Ian 2nd December 2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewart G (Post 266893)
Gotcha, Ian...am not too fond of Amazon, but will heretofar send commissions your way!

Hi Stewart - please don't switch to Amazon unless you are happy to do so :)

Ian

Ian 2nd December 2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linzdt (Post 266835)
I also have recently spent a lot on Amazon but still have prezzies to buy. Is it not possible to include the Amazon link details somewhere on the header of each page?

OK, I will work something out :)

Ian

Graham_of_Rainham 2nd December 2013 02:04 PM

As I tend to go for January "Bargains" A quick link is always helpful and I'll put a Postit on the monitor to remind me *chr

Chevvyf1 2nd December 2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 267307)
Can you describe the problem?

Ian

Hi Ian,

I am on the "Shop" page

Digital Photography Now - Store

Purchase items through the DPNow Amazon Shop and you will help fund this site

but there is no store :( :( :confused: