Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Foto Fair (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The Wrinkled Peach reaches the mature stage. (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49211)

DavyG 15th November 2018 08:19 PM

The Wrinkled Peach reaches the mature stage.
 
Another couple of images of the Wrinkled Peach fungi as it reached the mature stage.

I hope I'm not boring anyone with the images of this mushroom, I think it's an amazing little thing.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4833/...5d9abd8e_o.jpgWrinkled Peach by David Goodwin, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4805/...1c573fa4_o.jpgWrinkled Peach by David Goodwin, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Dave

Keith-369 15th November 2018 08:30 PM

Re: The Wrinkled Peach reaches the mature stage.
 
Lovely captures.

Bikie John 15th November 2018 08:45 PM

Re: The Wrinkled Peach reaches the mature stage.
 
Not boring at all. You describe it as an "amazing little thing" - is it really that little? Difficult to get a sense of scale from the photos.

John

Beagletorque 16th November 2018 09:43 AM

Re: The Wrinkled Peach reaches the mature stage.
 
Amazing stacks.

DavyG 16th November 2018 10:46 AM

Re: The Wrinkled Peach reaches the mature stage.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith-369 (Post 462892)
Lovely captures.

Thanks Keith.

Dave

DavyG 16th November 2018 10:51 AM

Re: The Wrinkled Peach reaches the mature stage.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bikie John (Post 462895)
Not boring at all. You describe it as an "amazing little thing" - is it really that little? Difficult to get a sense of scale from the photos.

John

Thanks John.

You're spot on, I've given nothing to show a sense of scale, sorry about that.

Looking at the top image, at this stage of its life cycle it measures 3cm across the head from left to right and it's 4cm from the base of the stalk to the top of the skirt, so not a large mushroom.

When we first found it, it was less than half the size it is now.

Dave

DavyG 16th November 2018 10:53 AM

Re: The Wrinkled Peach reaches the mature stage.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagletorque (Post 462930)
Amazing stacks.

Thank you, I used Helicon Focus to stack the images.

I'm still learning how to use the program however, I've been pleased with the images it can produce so far.

Dave

alfbranch 16th November 2018 11:10 AM

Re: The Wrinkled Peach reaches the mature stage.
 
Lovely work Dave :D

art frames 16th November 2018 02:36 PM

Re: The Wrinkled Peach reaches the mature stage.
 
Dave
These are a delight and well worth a daily revisit and updates.

You have captured so much of the texture and subtle colours (esp number one) it is delicate and yet substantial - very clever. The light passing through adds so much to the second. So both are my favourites *yes

good to see

DavyG 17th November 2018 03:15 PM

Re: The Wrinkled Peach reaches the mature stage.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by alfbranch (Post 462953)
Lovely work Dave :D

Thanks Alf, much appreciated.

Dave

DavyG 17th November 2018 03:17 PM

Re: The Wrinkled Peach reaches the mature stage.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by art frames (Post 462984)
Dave
These are a delight and well worth a daily revisit and updates.

You have captured so much of the texture and subtle colours (esp number one) it is delicate and yet substantial - very clever. The light passing through adds so much to the second. So both are my favourites *yes

good to see

Thanks for your very positive feedback Peter, it's appreciated.

I think I'm very fortunate to have found such a nice specimen of this fungi.

Dave

Wally 17th November 2018 04:42 PM

Re: The Wrinkled Peach reaches the mature stage.
 
As others have said, amazing images = a job well done. :tup As I don't get around much these days, I get a lot of pleasure looking through the photo threads. This is one such thread. :tup

As for being small, I have read somewhere that fungi are the largest living organism on the planet. Surprised you could get it all in. ;)

DavyG 18th November 2018 11:47 AM

Re: The Wrinkled Peach reaches the mature stage.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally (Post 463073)
As others have said, amazing images = a job well done. :tup As I don't get around much these days, I get a lot of pleasure looking through the photo threads. This is one such thread. :tup

As for being small, I have read somewhere that fungi are the largest living organism on the planet. Surprised you could get it all in. ;)

Thanks for your kind comments Wally.

Sorry to hear you don't get out and about so much lately, I'm glad you enjoy the images posted on the Forum, all the more reason for members to keep posting.

I believe you're correct regarding a form of fungi being the largest living organism on the planet, it's a Honey Fungus and it's huge. The Wrinkled Peach however, is really quite small. :)

https://www.nationalgeographic.com.a...-organism.aspx

Thanks again for looking and taking the time to comment.

Dave

Bikie John 18th November 2018 04:13 PM

Re: The Wrinkled Peach reaches the mature stage.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavyG (Post 462945)
Thanks John.

You're spot on, I've given nothing to show a sense of scale, sorry about that.

Looking at the top image, at this stage of its life cycle it measures 3cm across the head from left to right and it's 4cm from the base of the stalk to the top of the skirt, so not a large mushroom.

When we first found it, it was less than half the size it is now.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Visually I think the photos are great as they are, the simplicity is very appealing. Including something to give an idea of scale might make it better documentation but reduced the artistic impact.

John

DavyG 19th November 2018 07:21 PM

Re: The Wrinkled Peach reaches the mature stage.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bikie John (Post 463186)
Thanks Dave. Visually I think the photos are great as they are, the simplicity is very appealing. Including something to give an idea of scale might make it better documentation but reduced the artistic impact.

John


Thanks again John.

I think I'll give dimensions the next time I refer to a subjects size in future, it is hard to identify the size of even macro subjects that someone hasn't seen before.

I agree re the images themselves, they are meant to be artistic in nature rather than descriptive.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment, it's always good to see things from another person's perspective.

Dave


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:52 PM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2019, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger