Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Articles from FourThirds-User.com (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   FTU and e-group photo competition winners revealed (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18176)

Four Thirds User 22nd December 2011 07:30 PM

FTU and e-group photo competition winners revealed

Four Thirds User (Fourthirds-user.com) is a sibling site to the e-group.

It's been a long wait, sorry about that, but today the winners of the two autumn competitions run by Four Thirds User and sibling site Olympus UK E-System User Group can be revealed.

As usual, judging such a high quality of entries was very difficult and as you can see in the short-list galleries for Micro Four Thirds and Four Thirds entries deemed head and shoulders above the average.

More...

andym 22nd December 2011 08:24 PM

Re: FTU and e-group photo competition winners revealed

Well done to the winners,great images.

I was pleased to get one in the Four Thirds short list.

Thanks to Olympus and Ian for running this.Lets hope that we can all go from strength to strength next year.

*chr*chr*chr*chr*chr

PeterBirder 22nd December 2011 08:42 PM

CONGRATULATIONS ULFRIC

Well deserved result against formidable competition.
Congratulations also to the runners up and short listed entries.I'm not surprised it took the judges a while to decide the outcome, an incredibly high standard all round.
Very interesting that the DSLR entries far exceeded the m4/3 entries and that the winning 4/3 entry was taken with an E-400 and kit zoom.

Congratulations to all.*chr

benvendetta 22nd December 2011 08:49 PM

I have just seen that I am joint runner up.
Pretty pleased with that! *yes

Janet 22nd December 2011 09:10 PM

Very well done!

Some stiff competition there...

Janet

Zuiko 23rd December 2011 08:41 AM

Congratulations to the winners and all those shortlisted and a big, big thank you to Ian and Olympus for running this competition. I'm not surprised that judging took so long, bearing in mind that there was not just one, but two competitions and that the standard of entries was so high! My entry in the FT competition was shortlisted so I'm happy with that and will keep my fingers crossed for it's inclusion in the book. :)

I think the reason FT entries eclipsed MFT in volume is that FT has been around a lot longer than its more recent cousin. I've certainly got a much larger collection of pictures taken with DSLRs than with Pens, but in recent months have used my E-P3 much more than my E-3. Run this competition again in a couple of years (now there's an idea!) and the balance between FT and MFT entries might be very different.

E-P1 fan 23rd December 2011 09:34 AM

Excellent winners

Bikie John 23rd December 2011 09:47 AM

Many congrats to the winners and runners-up, and thanks to Ian and crew for doing it all. I find it hard enough to judge a monthly comp with a dozen entries so this must have been a truly Herculean labour!

Ciao ... John (in a good mood, having made the shortlist thanks to Rawcoll's former 50-200 SWD :) )

wanderer 23rd December 2011 09:58 AM

Congratulations to the winners. Some real crackers in there.

And congratulations to John (Zuiko) for passing 6000 posts! *yes
What a blether:D

Chevvyf1 23rd December 2011 11:08 AM

C o n g r a t u l a t i o n 's to all entries *chr ... those placed did extremely well, in such a tight competition ! AWESOME ENTRIES and the IQ is truly amazing ! :D what great photography kit Oly make :eek:

snag2000 23rd December 2011 02:27 PM

Some great shots there, from both formats, and a real variety of subject matter. It must have been harder to judge it without a theme. Congratulations to winners and shortlistees.

Mike

Greytop 23rd December 2011 05:06 PM

Congratulations to all short-listed and especially to the winners, some stunning images there, I can see it must have been a very difficult challenge to judge.

crimbo 23rd December 2011 08:08 PM

congrats Ulfric

( I did squeeze a listed in the 4/3)

Who's_E 23rd December 2011 10:46 PM

Thank you Ian for running both competitions and congratulations to those who placed first and joint second!

Nick

gregles 23rd December 2011 10:53 PM

Well done to the winners and thanks to Ian and Oly *chr

Greg:)