Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Software (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Serif Black Friday (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49252)

Ken Lister 21st November 2018 03:36 PM

Serif Black Friday

30% of all Affinity products until 27th November. Affinity Photo for £33.99.

benvendetta 22nd November 2018 12:34 PM

Re: Serif Black Friday

I got this on a deal earlier in the year, but can't remember what I paid. Got the book with 40% off few months back too.

drmarkf 22nd November 2018 01:09 PM

For a 'perpetual' licence that's good (as perpetual as anything in the digital and dotcom domains, or course).

I paid 24 quid around a year ago, but I've never seen anything close to that since.

chris 22nd November 2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benvendetta (Post 463484)
I got this on a deal earlier in the year, but can't remember what I paid. Got the book with 40% off few months back too.

How have you found working with it Dave?
I'm still looking to move on from my old elements software, and want whatever I move to to have panorama stitching and focus stacking along with the usual layers etc. This looks to have all that?

RobEW 22nd November 2018 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benvendetta (Post 463484)

Is the book worth it?

Crazy Dave 23rd November 2018 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobEW (Post 463531)
Is the book worth it?

In my opinion - no. It has lots of projects that in my opinion have little relationship to what most photographers need or want. A cheese sandwich being stretched apart, not on my wish list. Plenty of others like that.

Iím very happy with the software and Affinityís video tutorials.

David

chris 26th November 2018 09:25 PM

Iím just downloading it*chr

benvendetta 26th November 2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobEW (Post 463531)
Is the book worth it?

Yes, it is worth it at the price I paid. Wouldn't have paid full price. YouTube tutorials are good too.

benvendetta 26th November 2018 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 463514)
How have you found working with it Dave?
I'm still looking to move on from my old elements software, and want whatever I move to to have panorama stitching and focus stacking along with the usual layers etc. This looks to have all that?

Only just seen this and I see that you are downloading AP. It is a good programme although I haven't used it a great deal. But at least once you have bought it, it is paid for and updates are free.

chris 27th November 2018 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benvendetta (Post 463943)
Only just seen this and I see that you are downloading AP. It is a good programme although I haven't used it a great deal. But at least once you have bought it, it is paid for and updates are free.

Iíve opened it up and it all seems fairly similar to adobe stuff so hopefully Iíll get into it quickly enough. Watched a few tutorials tonight too and all looks good, and ticks the boxes I wanted it to.