Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Articles from FourThirds-User.com (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Four Thirds User redevelopment (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45740)

Ian 30th July 2017 01:13 AM

Four Thirds User redevelopment
 
You might be interested in seeing what is happening over at our sibling site, Four Thirds User, because the redevelopment of the site there will feature elements that may well find their way over here.

Although not yet fully integrated, themed and styled or bug-fixed, the basis of the new forum and gallery are now up and running there.

You're welcome to have a look at:

http://fourthirds-user.com/forum

Ian

Ross the fiddler 30th July 2017 02:47 AM

Re: Four Thirds User redevelopment
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 423115)
You might be interested in seeing what is happening over at our sibling site, Four Thirds User, because the redevelopment of the site there will feature elements that may well find their way over here.

Although not yet fully integrated, themed and styled or bug-fixed, the basis of the new forum and gallery are now up and running there.

You're welcome to have a look at:

http://fourthirds-user.com/forum

Ian

I've added a photo & posted a thread, just to try it out. *yes :D

*chr

Ian 30th July 2017 07:03 AM

Re: Four Thirds User redevelopment
 
Thanks Ross.

Ian

Ian 30th July 2017 07:18 AM

Re: Four Thirds User redevelopment
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler (Post 423116)
I've added a photo & posted a thread, just to try it out. *yes :D

*chr

I see that your photo in the gallery shows some (if limited) camera information - did you enter that manually or is it from the exif data? The couple of images I uploaded didn't show any exif data.

Ian

Graham_of_Rainham 30th July 2017 07:47 AM

Re: Four Thirds User redevelopment
 
Looks like a good start and is a lot faster (on iPad), will try laptop next.

*chr

Ross the fiddler 30th July 2017 07:56 AM

Re: Four Thirds User redevelopment
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 423118)
I see that your photo in the gallery shows some (if limited) camera information - did you enter that manually or is it from the exif data? The couple of images I uploaded didn't show any exif data.

Ian

Yes, the boxes were there to be filled in so I did. *yes

*chr

wornish 30th July 2017 08:01 AM

Re: Four Thirds User redevelopment
 
Looks good. Will this site eventually look the same ?

Ian 30th July 2017 08:42 AM

Re: Four Thirds User redevelopment
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wornish (Post 423121)
Looks good. Will this site eventually look the same ?

Similar - but of course FTU's look has not been added yet. There will be a number of forum extensions added/restored, including the Thanks button, for example, plus social media sharing, etc.

Ian

Ian 30th July 2017 08:43 AM

Re: Four Thirds User redevelopment
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler (Post 423120)
Yes, the boxes were there to be filled in so I did. *yes

*chr

That's fine - but I have raised a ticket with the developers to find out why we aren't automatically getting the shooting information.

Ian

David M 30th July 2017 08:52 AM

Re: Four Thirds User redevelopment
 
I changed my viewing mode to mobile style and now get a blank page in Chrome on Android.

Edit. It still works in default style on Firefox. The page seems to display better in Firefox. The opposite of this site where Chrome displays the main page better.

I was ranting about browsers still not displaying a page the same after a couple of decades to a friend recently. His explanation.

"Because all these hair-gelled techno weeners keep trying to reinvent the wheel instead of consolidating a standard"

OM USer 30th July 2017 04:10 PM

Re: Four Thirds User redevelopment
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by David M (Post 423127)
...I was ranting about browsers still not displaying a page the same after a couple of decades to a friend recently. His explanation : "Because all these hair-gelled techno weeners keep trying to reinvent the wheel instead of consolidating a standard"

Sounds about right. They should adopt the Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) approach. I get really annoyed with fancy web pages that won't print.

wornish 30th July 2017 05:56 PM

Re: Four Thirds User redevelopment
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OM USer (Post 423183)
Sounds about right. They should adopt the Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) approach. I get really annoyed with fancy web pages that won't print.


There are standard bodies that try and keep things in sync, but trying to get Microsoft, Apple and Google to agree is like pulling teeth. Then you get the smaller browser companies who do their own thing plus phone companies who have their own browsers. No wonder there are issues.
Thats technology.

Ian 31st July 2017 11:19 AM

Re: Four Thirds User redevelopment
 
Things are getting there - Facebook integration is now working on the FTU forum and the Thanks button has been reactivated. The gallery now how has some camera exif display functionality. TapaTalk is working again.

Ian

Gate Keeper 31st July 2017 08:04 PM

Re: Four Thirds User redevelopment
 
To sign in, do we use the details here, or are we required to join from new?
Cheers :)

Ian 31st July 2017 09:25 PM

Re: Four Thirds User redevelopment
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 423317)
To sign in, do we use the details here, or are we required to join from new?
Cheers :)

If you mean the FTU forum, it's a separate entity so you will need to register there. Quite a few e-group members are FTU members.

Ian


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:38 AM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2019, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger