Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   EM-5 II new firmware update 1.1 (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37330)

pault 16th April 2015 06:14 AM

EM-5 II new firmware update 1.1

If you're interested

1)Function has been modified so that audio can be faded out of movie files created with My Clips editing.
2)Speed at which information is displayed when the camera is turned on has been improved.
3)The issue of noise appearing in images captured while shooting with High Res Shot has been corrected.

Ross the fiddler 16th April 2015 07:35 AM

Re: EM-5 II new firmware update 1.1

It looks like a worthwhile update (for those with the camera ;) ).

Goon525 16th April 2015 06:52 PM

Early signs are that the camera comes to life, and wakes from sleep, more quickly.

Melaka 5th May 2015 09:06 AM

What I would like to have seen is the ability to turn off the SCP as you can in many other FT/MFT bodies. I wonder if that will come in 1.2?

BigTom 5th May 2015 09:25 AM

Do they mean the funny artifacts from subject movement in point 3, or 'traditional' noise?

PaulB 5th May 2015 11:15 AM

David, you can turn off the SCP.
I have the eye sensor enabled on mine; In live view i.e viewing LCD not EVF, press FN3 and it cycles between SCP permanently on and having to press OK to see the SCP.
This is assuming you haven't reassigned the FN3 button from standard.
If I have the SCP on permanent display or not and then disable the eye sensor in "menu/cogs J/evf auto switch" the SCP defaults to off and I have to use the OK button to view it.
Hope that helps, if it doesn't work maybe you have a faulty camera??

Melaka 5th May 2015 02:50 PM

Thank you. In all the other bodies I have had you can switch the SCP on/off with the info button but it appears to be impossible with the EM5 II unless you do some sort of fiddle with the eye sensor. I've tried what you suggest but can only get the SCP as an alternative to live view (which I hardly ever use).

Ross the fiddler 5th May 2015 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melaka (Post 343167)
Thank you. In all the other bodies I have had you can switch the SCP on/off with the info button but it appears to be impossible with the EM5 II unless you do some sort of fiddle with the eye sensor. I've tried what you suggest but can only get the SCP as an alternative to live view (which I hardly ever use).

Have you set the Info screens to suit though?

PaulB 5th May 2015 08:42 PM

David, sorry that wasn't the solution to your problem.
I must admit being a bit lost as to what you are trying to achieve and can only guess you are wanting to have a blank LCD to save battery power as per the DSLRs which I cannot achieve having had a bit of play about.
I hope you find a way to sort it.:tup

pault 6th May 2015 07:23 AM

Like Paul B, i'm also not clear to your intentions. If as Paulb says, then surely if you rotate the LCD inwards this will turn off the LCD.

Melaka 6th May 2015 08:40 AM

Thank you - I seem to be causing confusion!

On the EM1 and EM5 (and IIRC earlier FT bodies such as E3/5) you can turn off the SCP by pressing the INFO button a couple of times, leaving a blank screen. This saves energy and also avoids the risk of shifting the focus point by inadvertently touching one of the arrow pads. I can find no way of doing this in the EM5 II but I'd like to be able to. The only way of not having the SCP on appears to be having live view on instead and that is what I am currently doing. It would be good if v1.2 could restore this former facility.