Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Photo challenges (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Monthly Photo Challenge - Forthcoming Themes (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44816)

Zuiko 14th April 2017 07:58 AM

Monthly Photo Challenge - Forthcoming Themes

MONTHLY PHOTO CHALLENGE – FORTHCOMING THEMES.

Here are the themes for the next five months, more to follow soon

May: Eye to Eye – making eye contact but with what, or whom?

June: Can You Tell What It Is Yet? – Abstracts

July: Street Life – What’s happening in your local town or village? Or maybe you fancy a trip to a big city? Whatever the location, it’s the people that count.

August: Tales From Topographic Oceans – We’re all at sea for this round, so get down to the coast and let’s have a tidal wave of entries!

September: All Gone Pear-Shaped – Fruit and veg.

There is still time to suggest themes for the last three months of the year, so if you have any ideas please let me know. *chr

Bikie John 14th April 2017 08:33 AM

Re: Monthly Photo Challenge - Forthcoming Themes

I think we agreed that there would be no limit on when the shots were taken, as for a lot of people having to shoot in a restricted time frame was a deterrent. So how about, for just one month, we explicitly time-limit it? There were some who said that they liked the challenge of shooting to a deadline.

So for example, October's theme could be "September 2017" - not sure whether we should add a subject theme as well.

John

Zuiko 14th April 2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bikie John (Post 411675)
I think we agreed that there would be no limit on when the shots were taken, as for a lot of people having to shoot in a restricted time frame was a deterrent. So how about, for just one month, we explicitly time-limit it? There were some who said that they liked the challenge of shooting to a deadline.

So for example, October's theme could be "September 2017" - not sure whether we should add a subject theme as well.

John

Great idea, John. I think making the \October theme any shot of any subject taken during September will create a wide enough brief not to deter anyone from entering and it can act as a trial run for the possible future direction of the competition.

Mrs T 24th April 2017 08:29 PM

Thanks John.

Naughty Nigel 24th April 2017 09:47 PM

November or December would suit an autumn theme such as 'Autumn Mists'.

For October's 'time limited' theme how about the 'Wonder of Nature' to be shot during (Say) May to September 2017 which could include summer storms, and other natural events.

I just wonder whether September is too early for fruit, as many fruits are not harvested until September?

Zuiko 25th April 2017 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naughty Nigel (Post 412819)
November or December would suit an autumn theme such as 'Autumn Mists'.

For October's 'time limited' theme how about the 'Wonder of Nature' to be shot during (Say) May to September 2017 which could include summer storms, and other natural events.

I just wonder whether September is too early for fruit, as many fruits are not harvested until September?

Thanks Nigel, I'll have a rethink.

Naughty Nigel 26th April 2017 04:58 PM

'Bridges' would make an interesting subject too, and could be interpreted in many different ways.

Mrs T 26th April 2017 07:27 PM

What about some kind of weird and wacky? Could be the shot itself, some post processing or fun with camera/phone apps?

Naughty Nigel 27th April 2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs T (Post 413021)
What about some kind of weird and wacky? Could be the shot itself, some post processing or fun with camera/phone apps?

If you are suggesting mobile phone images perhaps we could have a 'free' round once in a while where images could come from any type of camera?

Mrs T 27th April 2017 01:13 PM

Yes, something like that. I take as many photos on my iPhone as with my camera as it's easy to use and upload BBC Weather Watcher pictures. Also I like to add photos along the way to my daily journal. So a free round might add some extra entrants/photos.

Naughty Nigel 27th April 2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs T (Post 413090)
Yes, something like that. I take as many photos on my iPhone as with my camera as it's easy to use and upload BBC Weather Watcher pictures. Also I like to add photos along the way to my daily journal. So a free round might add some extra entrants/photos.

I often take photos with my phone, but they rarely go anywhere as there isn't much I can do with them!

Quite a few of us still like to use film cameras too, so there is yet another opportunity.

090657 28th April 2017 09:34 AM

Re: Monthly Photo Challenge : Brooklands Museum track

1 Attachment(s)
Can almost hear the old cars roaring around.

Zuiko 28th April 2017 10:56 AM

Re: Monthly Photo Challenge : Brooklands Museum track

Quote:

Originally Posted by 090657 (Post 413167)
Can almost hear the old cars roaring around.

I assume this is your entry to the monthly photo challenge, so I have copied it to the correct thread. :)

blu-by-u 8th August 2017 07:19 AM

Is there a cutoff time when the photo is taken?

Zuiko 8th August 2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blu-by-u (Post 424062)
Is there a cutoff time when the photo is taken?

No, so long as it was taken with an Olympus digital camera or another brand Micro Four Thirds camera with an Olympus (Zuiko) E-System lens.