Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Photo challenges (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   4th E-Group Photo Challenge! (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1236)

Garrie 11th March 2008 09:51 AM

4th E-Group Photo Challenge!

Welcome to the 4th E-group Challenge.

Theme: “NIGHT TIME”
Closing Date: 19:00 GMT on Monday 31st March 2008

The Rules:
1. Please feel free to submit a picture that matches the nominated theme (in this case – “Night Time”) that must have been taken recently i.e. between Tuesday 11th March 2008 through Monday 25th March 2008.

2. You must be the photographer that created the picture in order to enter the challenge and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to me at garrie@daydesigns.co.uk
Please clearly indicate (a) your real name and (b) your e-group forum name in the email. Any entries with watermarks or that are not clearly identifiable won't be entered into the challenge. (this makes it easier to organise)

3. Entries to the challenge should;
a. Contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects or borders
b. must be jpg format and 800 px on the longest edge
c. must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
d. have all EXIF data maintained.

4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge.

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. If you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another, that's OK, but you must make it clear in an email to me before the closing date, and also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

On the evening of the closing date, I will place all the submitted images into a thread on here and should you wish to vote, please send me your top 3 selection via PM or email.

Voting will be open for 1 week only and the results of the 4th E-Group Challenge will be announced on the evening of Monday 7th April 2008.

If you are having trouble submitting an entry into the challenge, either post a message here, send me a PM, or send me an email and I will gladly assist.

I wish everyone the best of luck. So get out there with your camera's and have a load of fun:D

Cheers
Garrie

Susan 11th March 2008 09:14 PM

Re: 4th E-Group Photo Challenge!

Hi All

This question is address at everyone else rather than at Garrie.

I'm chuffed to bits that Garrie won, but I was wondering that because we live together (and are fiance'd lol) would I be able to enter the competion as well?

I totally understand if I'm not allowed, but just wanted to check cos I love the competitions on here :) they're great fun and give you a reason (other than the wanting to one) to get out there and take shots :)

Cheers
Sus

ndl0071 11th March 2008 09:25 PM

Hi Susan

Can't see a problem at all personally, it's all no names anyway until the results are announced. Carry on shooting, I would. Good luck:)

Cheers
Neil

Jim Ford 11th March 2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan (Post 10964)
I'm chuffed to bits that Garrie won, but I was wondering that because we live together (and are fiance'd lol) would I be able to enter the competion as well?

Hey - you probably have a cracking nighttime photo already and got Garrie to choose the subject so you could win!
;^)

Jim

theMusicMan 11th March 2008 10:03 PM

Of course Susan, go for it.

Zuiko 11th March 2008 10:58 PM

Can't imagine anyone objecting, we're all friends on this site aren't we?

Go for it and good luck!:)

Zuiko

P.S. If you win please pick a theme based on landscapes - unless, of course, you've already promised to pick "football matches"!!! :D:D:D

Garrie 11th March 2008 11:12 PM

First entry has been recieved :D

Its not Susan btw..

Really looking forward to this Challenge, I love Night Time shooting.

theMusicMan 12th March 2008 07:26 AM

Garrie: just to let you know that I will be setting up a Gallery area for the entires to the bi-weekly challenges we run on here, and will hopefully have the time to have a go at this on the weekend. I will give the current organiser of the challenge access to upload the entries to this gallery. I am off away from home for a few days now, but I'll be in touch over the weekend with the details for you.

Susan 15th March 2008 07:24 PM

It's the weekend hurrah, time to get out shooting folks, with no worries of work (unless you work shifts/weekend - sorry)

Glad no one minds me entering, just have to take a shot now lol :)

Garrie 18th March 2008 08:23 AM

ONE WEEK DOWN - ONLY 2 MORE TO GO

Garrie 24th March 2008 04:49 PM

Hey all

5 Entries so far, would be cool to see that become 10 or more :D

Garrie 24th March 2008 04:50 PM

ONLY 1 WEEK LEFT!!

theMusicMan 28th March 2008 02:02 PM

Well folks, we just have this weekend and Monday available for us all to get your Night Time shots for the current e-group challenge.

OK, the weather has been dire, but come on, get out there and snap away, submit an entry and don't worry about anyone else. We want to see your images.:)

Jim 28th March 2008 09:07 PM

Well really struggling for inspiration, but have come up with something, email sent Garrie.

theMusicMan 28th March 2008 10:41 PM

Nice one Jim... thanks.

Any more...?