Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   hello everyone (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5500)

lildiamond 22nd May 2009 03:12 PM

hello everyone

Hi, i came across this site yesterday and joined straight away, it looks like a great site and will be really useful. I've basically just been pointing and shooting for a couple of years but would like to learn the technical side now and mainly how to take a better picture. Thanks, Dan.

Graham_of_Rainham 22nd May 2009 03:18 PM

Re: hello everyone

Quote:

Originally Posted by lildiamond (Post 44089)
Hi, i came across this site yesterday and joined straight away, it looks like a great site and will be really useful. I've basically just been pointing and shooting for a couple of years but would like to learn the technical side now and mainly how to take a better picture. Thanks, Dan.

Dan,

Welcome. Always remember even the very best started somewhere...

Look forward to seeing some of your work.

*chr

theMusicMan 22nd May 2009 03:21 PM

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum, glad to have you on board.

EH1 22nd May 2009 03:30 PM

Welcome Dan! Everyone will give you all the help you want on here*yes

StephenL 22nd May 2009 05:31 PM

Welcome aboard, Dan. Don't be afraid to ask what you may think are stupid questions - there's no such thing and we are unlike certain other forums (mentioning no names!) and you will find NO flaming round here :)

michaelavis 22nd May 2009 07:49 PM

This is a great forum Dan, really helpful, patient and at times very amusing! By the way, I see your location is Harwich, my home town, plenty of photographic opportunity there, what with Harwich old town, the seaside and river stour.

Zuiko 22nd May 2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lildiamond (Post 44089)

Some might say I've been doing that for about thirty years! :o Nevermind, it's the enjoyment that counts.

Welcome Dan,

Enjoy your photography and have fun - this is a good place to do that, and maybe learn a bit as well! :)

PeterD 23rd May 2009 12:22 AM

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum

Peter

Barr1e 23rd May 2009 06:58 AM

Hi Dan -

Welcome from me too.

Regards. Barr1e

lildiamond 23rd May 2009 08:00 AM

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Do you still live in the area Michael - i've got a bad habit of because I live here I tend to overlook photo ops as i see them day in day out perhaps i'll start snapping and post the pictures here, it's a bigger audience than just my household.

Thanks again. Dan.

michaelavis 23rd May 2009 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lildiamond (Post 44155)
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Do you still live in the area Michael - i've got a bad habit of because I live here I tend to overlook photo ops as i see them day in day out perhaps i'll start snapping and post the pictures here, it's a bigger audience than just my household.

Thanks again. Dan.

I grew up there but moved over to Maidenhead in Berkshire 20-odd years ago for work reasons when I was in my mid-20s, but both mine and my wife's families live there and we visit them several times a year. Yes, you definitely notice how beautiful a place is when you don't live there any more!