PDA

View Full Version : Scotland meet 2010

Kiwi Paul
2nd June 2010, 09:48 PM
If enough folk are interested we could arrange another Scotland meet sometime.

I guess the best thing is for those who are interested to say so and when they can come and suggestions for where to meet.

I'm available pretty much any time at the moment so suggest end June, early mid July, the central belt seems a good location as it's accessible for most folk but we can go somewhere different than last year.

Paul

gregles
2nd June 2010, 10:03 PM
I really enjoyed last years meet*yes

Looking forward to this years already:)

Kiwi Paul
2nd June 2010, 10:16 PM
Well say when you can come and suggest somewhere if you know a good spot :)

Paul *chr

gregles
2nd June 2010, 10:35 PM
The end of June and early July would be best for me Paul. The wife is scheming up something sunny and far away mid July.

As for location I will leave that up to others, as being a doonhamer for the last twenty years, I am not really too familiar with good spots up the road.

nballard
3rd June 2010, 10:28 AM
I'm up for a meet as well. Virtually any time in June, July or August.

Couple of weeks ago I was up at Dunkeld. That is fairly central and plenty of places to go to, such as
Loch of the Lowes
The Hermitage
Dunkeld Ruined Cathedral

Neil

Kiwi Paul
3rd June 2010, 11:10 AM
sounds good and is certainly central enough.

I'm going to do a day trip this Sat or Sun down the East Coast via Montrose and Dundee etc then round the coast by St Andrews, never been there so decided to take my kit and see what I can find so can be a bit of a reconnaissance for the real thing later :-)
If anyone wants to catch up with me this weekend while I'm doing my little tour let me know.

Paul

yellergixer
3rd June 2010, 09:04 PM
I really enjoyed last years meet as well, but I'm sort of inbetween jobs right now and the one Ive got at the moment only involves working at weekends:(, it is coming to an end but I dont know when.

I'll just have to see when the meet is and see if I can go once the date is decided.

As for location anywhere central is good, dont mind anywhere really.

wanderer
4th June 2010, 09:30 AM
Yes I would be interested.
I'm OK for just about any time.
From the sound of it, Strath Tay upriver from Dunkeld sounds useful & relatively easy for most to get at.
For possible future reference I have access to a climbing club cottage in Crianlarich. It would need prebooking but is usually available in the summer.
http://www.ochils.com/content/view/6/25/

Duncan

gregles
13th September 2010, 10:48 PM
Are we too late to organise anything this year?

It would be a shame otherwise.

Greg

Kiwi Paul
14th September 2010, 08:03 AM
It's not too late, all we have to do is pick a location, date and time, suggestions welcome!!

Paul

Garrie
14th September 2010, 04:57 PM
I'm still up for a meet this year, will need to wait until Paul has bought a new E5 though so we can all have a try ;).

It maybe a little short notice but I'm going to Govan Hill baths this Sunday 19th, its a disused Edwardian swimming pool thats been opened for Doors Open Days

http://www.govanhillbaths.com/

If anyone fancies a meet up on Sunday :)

Cheers
Garrie