PDA

View Full Version : 30th Photo Challenge - "Inspired by a Song Title"

gregles
1st June 2010, 04:10 PM
This months challenge is called "Inspired by a Song Title". All tastes in music will be entertained from Sir Cliff to Dizzee Rascal, from Beethoven to Muse whatever takes your fancy:)

Hope you enjoy the challenge and look forward to receiving your entries.

Greg

The How To Enter Bit

-Max of 800 pixels wide or high
-Up to 512Kbytes
-EXIF intact please
-Taken by you on an E-series camera between Tuesday 1st June 2010 and Tuesday 22cd June 2010 inclusive.
-Please include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.

Full rules:

1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between Tuesday 1st June 2010 and Tuesday 22cd June 2010 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery as soon as possible. We will vote in the week after this, voting will be completed by midnight Tuesday 29th June 2010. I will announce the results on Wednesday 30th June 2010.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :-

Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
Must be jpg format and no more than 800 pixels on the longest edge
Must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.

4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:-

Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Please email me with the image attached at somewhere :) and please include the words Olympus Challenge in the title line.

danellis
1st June 2010, 06:11 PM
Are there any limits to the choice of song? Could it, for example, be something I or a friend has written?

dJE

gregles
1st June 2010, 06:25 PM
The more creative the better*yes

So that is a yes:)

stevednp3
1st June 2010, 07:15 PM
Nice Challenge Greg *yes a photograph of 'Sex on Fire' would be interesting :rolleyes:

gregles
1st June 2010, 08:22 PM
There are a few springing to mind here too Steve;)

I was playing a gig on Saturday night and mid way through we were asked to play Lola by the Kinks:) The best of it was that the fella who asked was about sixty, in full Lola get up, including make up and blonde wig and accompanied by his two "lady friends" was using the Ladies loos:eek:

Life can be interesting and varied at times*chr*chr

Mr Jones
2nd June 2010, 09:24 AM
Hmmm.... been doing it for the past 22 weeks. This should be interesting BUT!
Is this competition opened to people not using the E-system? I've just gone over to the Red and White label camp...

gregles
2nd June 2010, 09:46 AM
You can use the E410 you still have*yes

Other camera formats are :eek:

Greg

Mr Jones
2nd June 2010, 09:50 AM
I had my E420, it's now my little brother's (has been since Christmas) and it's over 5 hours away from me! :(

gregles
2nd June 2010, 10:03 AM
That's unfortunate but all entries must be taken using an E series camera:rolleyes:

Mr Jones
2nd June 2010, 10:08 AM
Damn it.
Ah well, good luck to all entrants :)

AlistairJ
2nd June 2010, 10:24 PM
So, if "The ConstruKction of Light" is allowed, technically this covers any and all photographs. Looks like this challenge will call for some self Discipline.

gregles
2nd June 2010, 10:29 PM
As with any theme it is up to the imagination of the tog. Whether the theme is picked up upon and found agreeable by the voters is what will count.

So in essence the World's your Oyster Soup Kitchen Floor Wax Museum :cool:

danellis
3rd June 2010, 07:20 AM
In this context, what does TOG stand for?

dJE

Nick Temple-Fry
3rd June 2010, 07:23 AM
In this context, what does TOG stand for?

dJE

phoTOGrapher

silly 'acronym' isn't it.

Nick

danellis
3rd June 2010, 08:07 PM
Like all such things, it's silly until you know what it means!

What're the rules about the use of Photoshop etc.?

dJE

gregles
3rd June 2010, 08:44 PM
I still dont know what OP means:)

I am sure someone can enlighten me on that one:cool:

Photoshop etc will be perfectly acceptable*yes

snaarman
3rd June 2010, 08:47 PM
Hmm.

I am working on "Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll"

but I'm not getting very far..

Pete

E-3
3rd June 2010, 08:51 PM
I still dont know what OP means:)
I`ve always thought it stands for "original poster" :)

gregles
3rd June 2010, 09:08 PM
Hmm.

Pete

Try the Rock and Roll bit first Pete. It might just help;)

gregles
3rd June 2010, 09:09 PM
I`ve always thought it stands for "original poster" :)

Thanks for that James*chr

We should have an area for asking the obvious questions:o

jonesy
4th June 2010, 05:58 AM
Hmm.

Pete
Oh that one would be easy ;)

but in a more abstract way... a few headache pills takes care of both the sex and drugs ;)

jonesy
4th June 2010, 06:27 AM
I was thinking about doing Pink Floyds "The Wall".... but I had second thoughts... its an easy one to do, but probably a hard one to do "well"

gregles
6th June 2010, 09:22 PM
I have been singing "Money" by Floyd all weekend. Hope you have settled on something Tracey as the entries have started to come in already:)

snaarman
12th June 2010, 11:24 AM
Sent in my entry :)

Pete

gregles
12th June 2010, 03:55 PM
And received Pete*chr

Greg

jonesy
12th June 2010, 09:27 PM
I have been singing "Money" by Floyd all weekend. Hope you have settled on something Tracey as the entries have started to come in already:)

I have an idea of what I want to do... I just need to find the time :(

I'm really NOT enjoying this course I am studying at the moment... its all report writing, and my written English is disgraceful.

AlistairJ
13th June 2010, 10:27 AM
I also have an idea, all I need now is a wind machine and an open-minded grandma :confused:

gregles
13th June 2010, 05:06 PM
Alistair I can't wait to see your entry:cool:

Tracey, fingers crossed you manage to find some time away from your course work.;)

Greg

gregles
19th June 2010, 07:38 AM
Just a reminder to let you know that you have until the 22cd to get your entries in:)

Cheers

Greg

gregles
21st June 2010, 09:21 AM
Shameless bump*chr

Greg:)

AlistairJ
21st June 2010, 08:40 PM
Hi Greg,

you now have my entry. *chr

gregles
21st June 2010, 10:33 PM
Hi Greg,

you now have my entry. *chr

Thank you Alistair :)

Greg

Bikie John
22nd June 2010, 11:04 AM
Sorry it's last-minute but mine is winging its way across the net now.

Ciao ... John

gregles
22nd June 2010, 11:28 AM
Thank you John:)

A healthy entry so far and hopefully a few more to come*chr

Greg