PDA

View Full Version : Superfine compression

Aquavit
26th May 2010, 07:01 PM
I understand with the E-620 there is a choice of pixel count; Large, Medium and Small in addition to options for Compression Rate of Superfine, Fine, Normal and Basic.

I want to set my camera to Large/Superfine (like most folk I imagine) but I cannot for the life of me find any way of setting Superfine. I can only achieve Large/Fine, the manual is next to hopeless of course.

Am I missing something :confused:

E-3
26th May 2010, 08:56 PM
I understand with the E-620 there is a choice of pixel count; Large, Medium and Small in addition to options for Compression Rate of Superfine, Fine, Normal and Basic.

I want to set my camera to Large/Superfine (like most folk I imagine) but I cannot for the life of me find any way of setting Superfine. I can only achieve Large/Fine, the manual is next to hopeless of course.

Am I missing something :confused:

You change it in the menu (LSF 1/2.7) :)

Kiwi Paul
26th May 2010, 09:07 PM
Not sure if the E620 is the same but for the E3 you go to the menu, spanner 1, scroll through until you get to "G" (colour/WB), select the menu option by pressing the right arrow on the keypad, select "set", right arrow on keypad again and you have a menu numbered 1 to 4, the default is "L F" for 1 change the F to SF and hit ok thats it!!.

Paul

Aquavit
26th May 2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks James, I have attempted that by pressing the menu button, scrolling down to the funny "E" symbol (in between gradation and image aspect) which then offers me options of RAW, LF, LN, MN etc. BUT no L/SF???

Aquavit
26th May 2010, 09:16 PM
Thank you Paul, yes it is similar on the 620 - I found it following your instructions! It's very well hidden and nowhere to be found in the manual, I must have struggled for over two hours trying to find it!

It's reduced the storage on my card by 30%, so let's hope there is a corresponding improvement in picture quality :)

jonsey
27th May 2010, 12:05 PM
On E30...Spanner #1...menu letter G....Aspect/color/WB...Gradation set....???:)

skids
11th February 2011, 07:35 PM
Just upgraded to an E-620 and was wondering how to set this (as others have said the manual isn't a great help) so thanks for the info *chr

Kiwi Paul
11th February 2011, 07:42 PM
Not sure if the E620 is the same but for the E3 you go to the menu, spanner 1, scroll through until you get to "G" (colour/WB), select the menu option by pressing the right arrow on the keypad, select "set", right arrow on keypad again and you have a menu numbered 1 to 4, the default is "L F" for 1 change the F to SF and hit ok thats it!!.

Paul

skids
11th February 2011, 08:54 PM
Your info managed me to get it sorted for my E-620.

Many thanks for the help!

Skids.

Sean McKinney
13th April 2017, 10:07 AM
Sorry for reviving a dead thread but can someone please walk me through the process of setting one of these to super fine?
Maybe I 'don't speak the language' but following the instructions above, as I understand them, seems to get me nowhere.
Thanks

Of course, having posted that I found the answer via my next google! Typical grrr!
I can't post a link but it's a post in Dpreview by petrbur in a thread entitled "E-620 image size and compression rate question" in a post entitled "Little bit tricky"

DickSmith
25th October 2017, 07:33 PM
I happened on this thread, and realised I hadn't even known about the superfine compression setting. Thanks to those who explained how to find it, I've now set my E620 to this standard, and like the results.

Phill D
26th October 2017, 08:38 AM
Oldie but goldie this thread. I don't know why Olympus always hides this setting.