PDA

View Full Version : AEB on E-510

Garrie
21st November 2007, 10:49 AM
Hi All,

Just bought a E510, also own a E500. Thing that bummed me out about the E500 was when using AEB I had to press the shutter 3 times to get the 3 exposures.

Does anyone know if this is the same on the E510? Would prefer it to shot the 3 exposures automatically like my mates Canon 400d.

Cheers
Garrie

Ian
21st November 2007, 12:14 PM
Hi All,

Just bought a E510, also own a E500. Thing that bummed me out about the E500 was when using AEB I had to press the shutter 3 times to get the 3 exposures.

Does anyone know if this is the same on the E510? Would prefer it to shot the 3 exposures automatically like my mates Canon 400d.

Cheers
Garrie

Hi Garrie - you simply need to select continuous shooting mode and lift your finger after the third shot.

Ian

Garrie
21st November 2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the reply Ian, bit of a bummer though as most shots will be using slow shutter speeds and I'll get a lot of camera shake keeping the button pressed in, oh well time for a remote.

Wonder if there will be a firmware upgrade to resolve this?

Cheers
Garrie

Ian
21st November 2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the reply Ian, bit of a bummer though as most shots will be using slow shutter speeds and I'll get a lot of camera shake keeping the button pressed in, oh well time for a remote.

Wonder if there will be a firmware upgrade to resolve this?

Cheers
Garrie

I don't think that automatic firing of the bracketing sequence is a common feature. I have a Canon EOS-40D here and the manual doesn't AFAIK make a reference to what I think you are looking for. Seem like a good idea though :)

Ian

Ian
21st November 2007, 01:26 PM
I don't think that automatic firing of the bracketing sequence is a common feature. I have a Canon EOS-40D here and the manual doesn't AFAIK make a reference to what I think you are looking for. Seem like a good idea though :)

Ian

Thinking about this some more - do you mean AWB bracketing? The sequence will be done in one shot automatically because the camera only takes on picture and then adjusts the WB internally for the two additional shots using the same RAW data from the original picture, then saving a total of three versions.

Ian

Garrie
21st November 2007, 02:31 PM
Hi,

Deffo AEB, I use it to take 3 shots, each with differing exposures, EVą then use photomatix to generate a HDR image.

Its no biggie just wondered as it would make life a lot easier. Seems odd that the 40d manual doesn't mention it but I know my mates 400d can do it.

I just though it was a really handy feature and hoped it would be on the E510.

Cheers again
Garrie