PDA

View Full Version : Event: Real time overview of Photoshop High Pass Sharpening 21st May, 7:00pm

theMusicMan
20th May 2010, 05:40 PM
Hi All

Is anyone interested in attending a free, real-time overview session, illustrating how to use a little known sharpening technique in Photoshop (and Elements I think). It's called High Pass Sharpening and it works brilliantly on portrait and landscape images.

If you're already familiar with this technique then you'll know how good it is, but if you're not familiar with it - then it might be good for you to attend.

This is really a trial of the system I am using for my forthcoming live demos/workshops - and is a short, 15 minute, free event.

I will be online tomorrow at 19:00 for 15-20 mins, during which time I will show how you can use this excellent technique. OK, it's not ground breaking Photoshop use, but running the session online is a way of sharing hints and tips and best practice - hopefully to everybody's benefit.

Subject: Photoshop High Pass Filter Sharpening technique
Start time: 19:00 GMT, 21st May, 2010
Duration: 15 - 20 minutes
Max attendees: 15
How to register: click here (http://mrjohn.co.uk/lr/?page_id=6), select the Photoshop High Pass Sharpening Technique event, and fill in the registration details. You'll then be sent an email with details on how to attend.

Hope you can join me tomorrow at 7:00pm.

You will have a telephone number to call, and you'll need to be in a browser window to see what I am presenting. So it is really interactive... you can take part. That's what it's all about.

John

stevednp3
20th May 2010, 06:41 PM
Well done on getting everything up and running so quick John, the website looks very professional, which im sure will match the tutoring ;)

I've signed up and look forward to meeting you online tomorrow

Thanks for taking timeout to arrange a free sample event

theMusicMan
20th May 2010, 06:46 PM
Well done on getting everything up and running so quick John, the website looks very professional, which im sure will match the tutoring ;)

I've signed up and look forward to meeting you online tomorrow

Thanks for taking timeout to arrange a free sample eventThat's excellent, Steve. You should have received an automated email containing the meeting details, access code and URL, as well as a telephone number you can call to listen in and contribute too. You can also choose to listen in via VOIP on your PC/Mac if you prefer.

Can you confirm you received those details... ta.

John

E-3
20th May 2010, 06:57 PM
I am all signed up & cant wait! :)

theMusicMan
20th May 2010, 07:00 PM
I am all signed up & cant wait! :)Awesome, James... that's two more people than I anticipated for tomorrow nights session... hehe.

*chr

E-3
20th May 2010, 07:13 PM
BTW: I have received the automated email containing all the info.........................I am very impressed :)

stevednp3
20th May 2010, 07:29 PM
Hi John

Yes got the email, only thing I would recommend is changing the name of the email if you can it currently comes from - WordPress<wordpress@mrjohn.co.uk> you might want to change the name to something like "mr john training <training@mrjohn.co.uk>" so its clear what the email is

but thats only me being picky ;)

Speak tomorrow !

theMusicMan
20th May 2010, 08:58 PM
BTW: I have received the automated email containing all the info.........................I am very impressed :)Many thanks Phil, much appreciated.

Hi John

Yes got the email, only thing I would recommend is changing the name of the email if you can it currently comes from - WordPress<wordpress@mrjohn.co.uk> you might want to change the name to something like "mr john training <training@mrjohn.co.uk>" so its clear what the email is

but thats only me being picky ;)

Speak tomorrow !
No probs Steve, thanks for the feedback. I've just spotted a nice plugin for Wordpress that will allow me to do that. Will sort it.

E-3
20th May 2010, 09:07 PM
Many thanks Phil, much appreciated.
My name is James, but if you want to call me Phil then thats fine by me :D

theMusicMan
20th May 2010, 09:19 PM
My name is James, but if you want to call me Phil then thats fine by me :D
Ahhhhrrrggghhhhh..... sorry James... perhaps a bit too much wine this evening I guess!! :)

Apologies... have a beer *chr and forgive me, eh! :)

Zuiko
20th May 2010, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure if I will be home in time so I won't register and prevent someone else from having a place. However, if I am in time I'll try to register. Hope it all goes well. :)

theMusicMan
20th May 2010, 09:26 PM
I'm not sure if I will be home in time so I won't register and prevent someone else from having a place. However, if I am in time I'll try to register. Hope it all goes well. :)
Go for it John, I doubt I'll get anywhere near the max allowed...:)

Graham_of_Rainham
20th May 2010, 10:36 PM
I've registered

*chr

theMusicMan
20th May 2010, 10:45 PM
I've registered

*chrExcellent, thanks Graham, really appreciate your support.

CaptainD
21st May 2010, 07:09 AM
Dear John,

I have registered and will look forward to the big launch event!

Cheers

Chris *chr

PS Thanks for all the time and effort this must have taken.

E-3
21st May 2010, 03:12 PM
Come on everyone, show some support! :) It`s FREE you have nothing to loose & you might actually learn something *chr

theMusicMan
21st May 2010, 03:38 PM
Come on everyone, show some support! :) It`s FREE you have nothing to loose & you might actually learn something *chrAbsolutely... I am hoping to learn something too :):p

E-3
21st May 2010, 06:44 PM
Thank you very much John, for such an informative, enjoyable & very impressive tutorial. I will definately attend future ones *chr

theMusicMan
21st May 2010, 06:48 PM
Thank you very much John, for such an informative, enjoyable & very impressive tutorial. I will definately attend future ones *chr
Many thanks James, your comments are much appreciated. Now off to enjoy a bottle of vino... :)

stevednp3
21st May 2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks John, you are a very good tutor and presented the tutorial perfectly, as others stated I think you are onto something here, there is a big market for online training and I dont know of any live training like this, so I wish you all the best, I will be a regular attendy and look forward to the lightroom tutorial *chr

theMusicMan
21st May 2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks John, you are a very good tutor and presented the tutorial perfectly, as others stated I think you are onto something here, there is a big market for online training and I dont know of any live training like this, so I wish you all the best, I will be a regular attendy and look forward to the lightroom tutorial *chrThanks Steve, for your very kind comments.

I enjoyed the session, and felt it worked well... and was a chance for many of us to say hi...:)

I certainly look forward to running more sessions.

Zuiko
21st May 2010, 06:58 PM
Hi John,

That was a great success and you must be very pleased. I'd say that the future potential is enormous. The presentation itself was very informative and easy to follow with the really big bonus that it was interactive , enabling us to ask questions and make comments.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to participate in this.

Have a good weekend. :)

Graham_of_Rainham
21st May 2010, 07:01 PM
John,

That worked very well. Congratulations

While the technique was known to me, the way you use it and the difference it made in comparison to "unsharp mask" was of real interest.

I must remember to turn off my screen saver or move the mouse about as I lost contact part way through (not much difference to having my eyes shut :D ) Had we all been on web cams, you could have put that up on U-Tube... ;)

Thanks for an informative session, much appreciated

*chr

CaptainD
21st May 2010, 07:09 PM
Really good session John, thanks so much. The best news of all for you was that you could not hear me!

A very worthwhile idea, the presentation was extremely clear on my pc, no problems seeing the more subtle changes. Thumbs up to the technology and I honestly thought your style of presentation was very good.

Cheers

Chris *chr

Rod Souter
21st May 2010, 07:49 PM
Twas good not-withstanding my sweaty ear:D:D

Next time I'll get a microphone/headset working.

I tried to login at about 6:50 it took quite a while for the software to download and install (the peril of living 7km from the exchange!!!) and luckily you waited for us, thank you.*chr

Your technique was quick and simple and worked.

Rod-

theMusicMan
22nd May 2010, 07:16 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words - I am glad you all appreciated the session and found it worthwhile sharing your time with me online.

I found the silence a little weird on times as I was speaking - because I guess you were either all bored to death, or were concentrating intently on what I was trying to show you. It seems it might have been the latter... which I am relieved about :)

Thanks all, look out for the next installment which is likely to be the Overview of Lightroom v2.5 - and an hour or so in length.

theMusicMan
24th May 2010, 09:22 AM
Hi All

I've just posted the details for the next live session; Lightroom v2.5 - A BAsic Overview here - http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?p=74322#post74322

Hope you are interested and can join me.