PDA

View Full Version : Hello All..

Garrie
21st November 2007, 09:20 AM
Hi,

I'm Garrie, nice to be a member of this Forum.

I'm based in Scotland, just outside of glasgow, but I'm a Geordie.

Look forward to posting :)

Have fun
Garrie

Ian
21st November 2007, 09:30 AM
Hi,

I'm Garrie, nice to be a member of this Forum.

I'm based in Scotland, just outside of glasgow.

Look forward to posting :)

Have fun
Garrie

Good morning Garrie, and welcome to the site!

I hope you will find this place a friendly and useful resource :)

Get some photos onto the gallery and you will have a chance to win a BLM-1 battery for your cameras!

Ian

Ian
21st November 2007, 09:32 AM
Good morning Garrie, and welcome to the site!

I hope you will find this place a friendly and useful resource :)

Get some photos onto the gallery and you will have a chance to win a BLM-1 battery for your cameras!

Ian

I should have looked first :rolleyes: - you already have some pix in your gallery :) - well done!

Ian

Garrie
21st November 2007, 10:14 AM
Hi,

No worries, my pics aren't a patch on the other galleries on here though.

I use Tone mapping alot but kinda like it "overcooked" which I know is not too a lot of people tastes.

Glad there is a Forum soley for Oly users :D

Cheers
Garrie

claireh
21st November 2007, 11:04 AM
Hi welcome to the site, i am new to this aswell, the people are really nice and give you lots of good advice when and if you need it. Like the photos well done. :D

Garrie
21st November 2007, 11:11 AM
Hiya Claire,

Thanks and Welcome also :)

art frames
22nd November 2007, 09:05 AM
Garrie

Welcome from me to!

I think that your style of photography works really well on building and dramatic sky shots - it makes you look twice and seems to add great depth and substance. I like the tower a great deal and think the texture is really suitable for this treatment.

Does limiting the quality to internet viewing size give you extra problems? I'd imagine it flattens things down - I'd actually quite like to see one or two pictures on everyone's gallery at a bit bigger size to learn more from their technique. There would obviously need to be an option to protect those on slower systems.

Is that possible Ian?

But anyway I look forward to seeing more of your work especially.

Peter

Ian
22nd November 2007, 09:32 AM
Garrie

Welcome from me to!

I think that your style of photography works really well on building and dramatic sky shots - it makes you look twice and seems to add great depth and substance. I like the tower a great deal and think the texture is really suitable for this treatment.

Does limiting the quality to internet viewing size give you extra problems? I'd imagine it flattens things down - I'd actually quite like to see one or two pictures on everyone's gallery at a bit bigger size to learn more from their technique. There would obviously need to be an option to protect those on slower systems.

Is that possible Ian?

But anyway I look forward to seeing more of your work especially.

Peter

The gallery automatically resizes the first view of a picture to 600 pixels in width max. If the original is larger, by clicking on the smaller version you can view the original size as uploaded.

At the moment there is a 10MB storage limit, but if the projected demand for the server isn't too bad, I can consider increasing this limit to enable more pictures to be accommodated at a larger size. Watch this space...

Ian

PeterD
23rd November 2007, 10:58 AM
Ian,

Thats good to know. Whats the best way of reducing image (file data size) without compromising quality too much. I keep struggling to achieve the current file size limit.

Thanks -- keep up the good work.

PeterD