PDA

View Full Version : The M.Zuiko 9-18 f/4-5.6 has arrived!

Ian
13th May 2010, 12:06 PM
I have been away for three days but returned to a welcome surprise of the a very small box containing a very small lens, the new M.Zuiko Micro Four Thirds 9-18mm f/4-5.6. I will do my best to put together a gallery of sample images for you to download, although peering out of the office window at the moment the conditions are very overcast.

If you haven't yet seen it, I did a preview of this lens a few weeks ago on our sibling site, Four Thirds User, here:

http://fourthirds-user.com/2010/03/exclusive_look_at_olympus_micro_four_thirds_918mm_ super_wide_zoom_lens.php

You will be pleased to hear that the lens is very solidly constructed using much more metal than the 14-42 kit lens, including a metal lens mount. It's the second M.Zuiko Micro Four Thirds lens to feature a retracting front section to make the lens as short as possible when it's not in use.

If you have any questions about this lens, please post them here and I will do my best to answer them.

I have been talking to Olympus UK about obtaining some of these and the forthcoming Micro Four Thirds 14-150 to add to our e-group.uk.net hire stock (http://e-group.uk.net/hire), too.

Ian

StephenL
13th May 2010, 12:54 PM
I'd be interested to see a comparison, both ergonomics and picture quality, of this lens compared with the full-sized 9-18 when both are fitted on a Pen body.

Ian
13th May 2010, 02:01 PM
I'd be interested to see a comparison, both ergonomics and picture quality, of this lens compared with the full-sized 9-18 when both are fitted on a Pen body.

I will definitely do this, time is dependent on my schedule and the weather - if not by the end of tomorrow, hopefully over the weekend.

Ian

Mrs T
13th May 2010, 04:30 PM
Hi Ian

When I bought the EP-1 I bought the silver-silver combo, as I prefer the appearance of having the same colours for body and lens. Do you know if there will be silver versions of the 9-18 and 14-150mm lenses?

Amanda

Ian
14th May 2010, 06:26 AM
Hi Ian

When I bought the EP-1 I bought the silver-silver combo, as I prefer the appearance of having the same colours for body and lens. Do you know if there will be silver versions of the 9-18 and 14-150mm lenses?

Amanda

No silver versions are confirmed, but Olympus UK has put silver on its wish list to Olympus HQ in Japan.

Ian

Mrs T
14th May 2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks Ian. I may have to be patient!

Amanda