PDA

View Full Version : Olympus E-5 and new PEN at Photokina

Nick
10th May 2010, 09:17 PM
Taken from 43rumors.com... I hope it's true

As you have noticed things have been quiet for a while now. During that time we tried to understand why Olympus didn’t announce any FourThirds camera. Months ago we told you that we were almost certain that new FourThirds cameras would be introduced. What we learned is that in fact our rumors were NOT wrong. The Olympus E-5 was ready for the launch since the end of 2009. Also a new mid-range FourThirds camera was ready for the launch in April. In both cases Olympus made a very last minute decision to not unveil the cameras. According to our sources Olympus discussed a lot about the future development of FourThirds and that probably caused the last minute delay.
So what did Olympus choose?
The Olympus E-5 is now undergoing a new upgrade. I was told that the Olympus E-5 will be released at Photokina in September along with the next MicroFourThirds camera. The Olympus E-5 will have completely new features (some of them never seen in any DSLR camera before!!!). You should again take a look at that patent: double simultaneus focus system. I “suspect” this will be one of the new features inside the E-5.
It is also very likely that the camera will be able to record high-quality video.

So will there be no new camera between now and Photokina?
According to one new source Olympus could unveil the mid-range camera in June. It should be the A6xx. But that’s still to be confirmed.

What I am almost certain about is that Olympus will announce a new Olympus PEN at Photokina. And I also believe there will be one more MicroFourThirds camera (The famous High-End camera) by the end of the year.

Let’s make a summary:
FT4= Olympus E-5 with double focus system and video at Photokina
FT4= One more PEN at Photokina
FT2= A new mid-range FourThirds camera in June
FT2= A new High-End MFT camera after Photokina (Oktober-November)

Reminder: (FT=FourThirds)
FT4= Rumor from good known sources which have been often right in the past
FT2= Rumor from new sources

And what about new lenses? I was told that Olympus is working to deliver the lenses we need. I expect many new MicroFourThirds zooms and primes to be announced at Photokina. I have no news about FourThirds lenses

Possible future new MicroFourThirds lens list:

Panasonic
- 100-300/4.0-5.6 OIS
- Fisheye 8/3.5
- 14/2.5 pancake

and here comes the future Olympus lenses list:
- 40-150
- 70-300
- 12/2.5
- 20/1.7
- 8mm
- 50mm f/2.0

Nick Temple-Fry
10th May 2010, 09:31 PM
I predict that by Photokina Britain will have a Government, though maybe not for long afterwards.

Nick

benvendetta
10th May 2010, 10:11 PM
Start saving you pennies guys! *yes

ChrisW
11th May 2010, 09:08 AM
I predict that there will be further predictions, some of which may well originate from sources which may have predicted previous predictions.

The fact that their previous predictions proved to be only predictions based on other rumours from alternative sources of previously partially substantiated predictions means that there will be a dearth of postings on DPReview.com debating the merits of rumoured predicted features and demands from someone from Olympus to immediately confirm the predicted rumours, otherwise the posters will sell all their gear and switch to another system.

Never mind the E5, I have heard predictors unsubstantiated predictions that its successor may well have features previously never seen before on a DSLR …. and they (FT1 to FT2) predict it may either be the tool from the Swiss Army knives to pick Boy Scouts out of horses hooves, or it could be the predicted emergence of the rumoured six mirror reflex non-live live non-mirror reflective live view system technology …. all based in a camera body of made from aircraft grade Unobtantium .… allegedly :eek:

Rod Souter
11th May 2010, 07:57 PM
But will it have a 'Judge' button to prevent you from taking compositionally inferior shots. (Newer members look for historical posts by 'The Judge'):D:D

Rod

Zuiko
11th May 2010, 08:37 PM
But will it have a 'Judge' button to prevent you from taking compositionally inferior shots. (Newer members look for historical posts by 'The Judge'):D:D

Rod

A camera with such a feature would have to be completely shock proof to protect it when it is hurled against a brick wall! :D

Zuiko
11th May 2010, 08:47 PM
Maybe the new feature never seen before in a DSLR is a film chamber? :rolleyes:

Or a high speed multi-directional 3D sensor in the form of a cube that rotates to expose all six surfaces during the course of a single exposure and thus boost the pixel count from 12 to 72mp but retain the same pixel pitch.

That would probably rate about FT-3 :D

Barr1e
11th May 2010, 08:56 PM

Rod

:eek:

Regards. Barr1e

wanderer
11th May 2010, 09:01 PM
I'm with ChrisW who obviously understood Yes Minister.*yes

benvendetta
11th May 2010, 09:15 PM

Regards. Barr1e

Who IS/WAS the Judge?
I NEED to know if he/she is an imposter. :D (can't have more than one around here, eh?) ;)

Zuiko
11th May 2010, 09:43 PM
Who IS/WAS the Judge?
I NEED to know if he/she is an imposter. :D (can't have more than one around here, eh?) ;)

We never did find out who the self-styled Judge was; they never showed any of their own pictures but had plenty to say about everyone else's. Not that that in itself was a problem, or the fact that many of the comments were highly critical. Rather, it was the disrespectful, pompous and arrogant manner in which those comments were delivered. Little wonder that he/she was soon drummed out of the Brownies....:D

BTW I wouldn't want anyone reading this to be deterred from posting constructive critisism on the forum, far from it. That form of critisism is often by far the most helpful and valuable. The real problem with the Judge was one of attitude and someone trying to feel self important. :)

ChrisW
12th May 2010, 12:00 AM
I'm with ChrisW who obviously understood Yes Minister.*yes

FT5 *chr

p.s. I am the Judge .... sorry, I meant to say Spartacus

The Technician
12th May 2010, 03:38 PM
No I am Spartacus :D

Bear
12th May 2010, 03:44 PM
I'm Brian and my wife's Brian too !

benvendetta
12th May 2010, 04:43 PM
Oh dear, I have started something now :eek:

Signed

A.Judge, WPF

Graham_of_Rainham
12th May 2010, 05:53 PM

Regards. Barr1e

Rod

We never did find out who the self-styled Judge was; they never showed any of their own pictures but had plenty to say about everyone else's. Not that that in itself was a problem, or the fact that many of the comments were highly critical. Rather, it was the disrespectful, pompous and arrogant manner in which those comments were delivered. Little wonder that he/she was soon drummed out of the Brownies....:D

BTW I wouldn't want anyone reading this to be deterred from posting constructive critisism on the forum, far from it. That form of critisism is often by far the most helpful and valuable. The real problem with the Judge was one of attitude and someone trying to feel self important. :)

Anyone recognise this guy *??? http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-10-Stupid-but-still-in-act-British-Laws/117836708227885?v=wall&ref=nf

Zuiko
12th May 2010, 08:34 PM
Anyone recognise this guy *??? http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-10-Stupid-but-still-in-act-British-Laws/117836708227885?v=wall&ref=nf

Aaaaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Graham_of_Rainham
12th May 2010, 11:49 PM
Aaaaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

How strange, that was my reaction too :eek:

*chr