PDA

View Full Version : Mark On Viewfinder

malcapone
7th May 2010, 10:00 AM
I put this Thread on the E-620 page but I wanted to pick a few more brains - I have a mark on my viewfinder but it doesnt show up on the live view or the pictures I've been told that its the focussing screen if sharp, or if out of focus on your prism ( I think its the prism )
I know I could ignore it but the camera is only 6 months old and I don't know if the warranty covers this
I would welcome anyones comments?

E-620 E-410 17.5/45 - Pancake - 40/150 - T20 - HLD5

Barrie Norman
7th May 2010, 10:52 AM
It is most likely on the screen or between the screen and the prism, you remove the screen by un-cliping the retaining spring which is around the screen, make a note of the orientation of the clip clean the screen with a lens cloth and use a soft brush on the prism, once you have cleaned the screen try not to touch it, use a pair of tweezers to replace the screen being careful to only hold it on the edge. it is a fiddly job but not to difficult. The warranty would not cover dust in this area. don't touch the prism, if you get finger prints on it, it is difficult to clean it. you can use a blower to remove the dust from around the prism but be careful not to blow any into the sensor I prefer a lens brush. I hope this has helped.

malcapone
7th May 2010, 07:10 PM
Thanx Barrie Thats a big help mate

malcapone
13th May 2010, 04:43 AM
SUCCESS!!!!
after thinking I may have to get it professionally cleaned because the speck of pollen was staring at me like some dodgy bloke on a bus everytime I switched it on.So a Canon using friend told me that this was a regular occurrance for them and advised me to buy a Giotto Rocket, ( Not the Cheap Hama Version) now I had already tried one of poundland type little puffer brushes to no avail but I took his advice because it said that it could even shift pollen and it wasnt kidding - this thing cost me about six quid off amazon and it must be the best money ever spent so of anyone has any pollen or other foreign bodies staring at them from the viewfinder get one of these they are worth thier weight in gold.
Marvellous!!

E-620 E410 17.5/45, Pancake, 40/150, HLD5, T20

Barrie Norman
13th May 2010, 01:36 PM
Nice to see you have fixed it.