PDA

View Full Version : E-System 'Meets' this summer ???

Jonesgj
3rd May 2010, 02:14 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone have any thoughts regarding 'meets' this summer?

We had a small number last year. John ran one over in Wales, I think it was Gary who did one up in Scotland, and I was really pleased to organise one here in Lincolnshire. I'm sure there were more.

I wondered if anyone was up for a meet in York or Lincoln end of July? May be the weekend after the world cup(!)

Or maybe a bigger event in the centre of the Country??

Please post your thoughts here.

Kind regards

Graydon

theMusicMan
3rd May 2010, 04:33 PM
Well, I have announced one (date tba) for Skomer Island in late May/early June, and I am more than willing to organise another Welsh one if there's enough demand.

Jonesgj
3rd May 2010, 05:26 PM
Well, I have announced one (date tba) for Skomer Island in late May/early June, and I am more than willing to organise another Welsh one if there's enough demand.

Sorry John, I remember seeing the skomer trip (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8171)now.

Graydon

Nick
3rd May 2010, 06:08 PM
Anyone for one near Bristol?

The Saint
3rd May 2010, 06:33 PM
Due to work commitments recently, I can't tell what I'm doing from one day to the next which is making it hard to arrange any events (I know I did propose an event earlier in the year, which I hope to rearrange once work quietens down).

Once work sorts itself out I'll get a few event in the East of England arranged.

Simon

Graham_of_Rainham
3rd May 2010, 07:10 PM
I'm up for anywhere in the south east *chr

forester
3rd May 2010, 07:46 PM
Anyone for one near Bristol?

Plenty of us Oly users in and around this area Bristol/ Bath/ South Wales/Gloucester. Iím up for it. (Forest of Dean)
*chr

j.baker
3rd May 2010, 10:51 PM
Nick,

There are several members who live within driving distance from Bristol.

You have the SS Great Britian, the dock side, Asthon court and loads of other things to do.

Anyone else up for a Bristol meetup?

theMusicMan
4th May 2010, 06:26 AM
I am not able to arrange this as I don't know the area that well, but if someone were to arrange a meet up with visits to a few different sites through the day as we did in the last South Wales meet, I'd certainly be up for a Bristol meeting.

j.baker
4th May 2010, 07:25 AM
I am currently sending emails to Ashton Court and the SS Great Britian venues to see if I can arrange a group access (and rate)

How many others would visit Bristol? I will start a new thread.