PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried a ME-1 on a E-620?

E-3
29th April 2010, 03:20 PM
Has anyone tried this? Does it fit? Does it work? :)

andym
29th April 2010, 06:18 PM
I knew you'd miss the large viewfinder of the E3.;)

I have an ME-1 that I used on my old E500.I've used it on the E3 which makes it seem like a FF viewfinder.
The problem with the ME-1 is you lose some light through it and it has distortion away from the centre.
That said it sits on my E420 and fits fine,on the E3 it quite tight which is good as it will not come off like the E3 eyepiece.
I would imagine it will fit the E620 also.

Hope this helps.

baldyb
29th April 2010, 06:42 PM
I was thinking about getting one of these too but if you look up the ME-1 on the Oly website it specifically excludes the e1/e620 :(

Greytop
29th April 2010, 06:46 PM
I have one on my E-30 and I agree with Andy there is a little distortion away from the centre, however I find the distortion only becomes obvious if you move you eye position too far from the ideal central position.
As well as being quite sensitive to lateral eye position and I also find you need to get your pupil quite close to the ME-1 otherwise the information display at the bottom can be difficult to see together with the rest of the frame.
That all might sound a bit negative but overall I have to say a prefer the quite noticeably larger frame even with the compromises mentioned above.

Oh I forgot to add, when I had my E-510 the ME-1 was a permanent fixture ;)

E-3
29th April 2010, 06:52 PM
I knew you'd miss the large viewfinder of the E3.;)

I miss everything about my E-3 already & I only posted it to its new home this afternoon! :(

E-3
29th April 2010, 06:54 PM
I was thinking about getting one of these too but if you look up the ME-1 on the Oly website it specifically excludes the e1/e620 :(

I guess thats the end of that idea then :(

The Saint
29th April 2010, 07:52 PM
I've got an ME and a E-620, never tried them together, but I'll give it a go and see what happens

The Saint
29th April 2010, 08:06 PM
OK, been downstairs to get a drink and had a quick try of the ME-1 on the E-620.

The ME-1 fowls on the LCD screen, meaning that you can't use the tilt/swivel. It might be me (glasses wearer) but it is also difficult to see the camera settings at the bottom of the OVF display, but that maybe just to do with the fact that I can't get my eye right up to the OVF.

Simon

baldyb
29th April 2010, 10:22 PM
Would have been handy if they had mentioned the reasons on the oly site, thanks Simon.

E-3
30th April 2010, 11:13 AM
Thank you so much Simon for taking the trouble, at least I know why it cant be done now :)