PDA

View Full Version : Which Third Party Wireless Flash units Work with The E-620

malcapone
28th April 2010, 03:13 PM
I've just unwrapped my lovely Pancake Lens E-620 and I was wondering whether I'm Stuck with the usual FL--r wireless flash choices or will one of those nice Metz or Nissin things work?
and I wouldnt Mind a list of Normal third Party ones which won't fry my E410 - I do own a T20 but I've heard differing reports. I've seen a Cobra D650 but I Don't know if its too powerful.
sorry I'm always - ask ask ask but you guys know a lot more than I do and I don't want to do any harm to either of my Cameras

E-620 E-420 - Pancake - 17.5/45 - 40/150 HLD5 - T20:D

DekHog
28th April 2010, 03:42 PM
I just got the Metz 48 AF-1 for my E-600 a couple of weeks ago and it works very nicely indeed... I'd recommend it to anyone. Simple to use and does everthing the Olympus models do without the associated price tag... the 58 AF-1 appears to be a bit of beast, and if you were spending 290 on it you'd probably be as well with an FL-50R to be honest...

The 48 is a decent size for the E-620 with good GN and recycling times and the wireless works brilliantly well - I'd definitely go for it over a FL-36R. A bit silly that people always complain about no third-party hardware for Olympus, then when someone makes it available they stick to Olympus branded gear anyway!

malcapone
28th April 2010, 03:45 PM
Thanks Dek I do like the look of the Metz 48 AF-1