PDA

View Full Version : 35mm macro on Currys web site .... 102.14

ChrisG
23rd April 2010, 11:29 AM
Just noticed this on the Currys web site.

http://www.bluesquare.co.uk/currys35.png

I would think thats a pretty good price for this lens?

No idea about stock though.

Chris

StephenL
23rd April 2010, 11:41 AM
Not in stock at any Edinburgh stores - not that I'm going to buy one, I've too many d*%n lenses!

j.baker
23rd April 2010, 12:42 PM
They have none near me (Swindon area).

I did purchase on online....lets see if it arrives :)

menace1944
23rd April 2010, 04:11 PM
Currys web site now shows "Sorry, this product is currently unavailable"

Too good to be true?

E-3
23rd April 2010, 04:13 PM
Yes, I just tried to order 1, but they are now out of stock. Why do these companies advertise stock they dont have for rediculous prices, all they do is waste everyones time :mad:

j.baker
23rd April 2010, 04:15 PM
I hope I get my lens, but have you seen what the idiots recommend as a replacement.....a Tamron AF18-200mm

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/olympus-zuiko-digital-35mm-f-3-5-macro-lens-00734611-pdt.html

E-3
23rd April 2010, 04:16 PM
I hope I get my lens, but have you seen what the idiots recommend as a replacement.....a Tamron AF18-200mm

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/olympus-zuiko-digital-35mm-f-3-5-macro-lens-00734611-pdt.html

I hope I am wrong John, but I think you have 2 Hopes, & Bob is dead :rolleyes: so......................:D

Jim Ford
23rd April 2010, 04:46 PM
Yes, I just tried to order 1, but they are now out of stock. Why do these companies advertise stock they dont have for rediculous prices, all they do is waste everyones time :mad:

A friend of mine wanted an item and shopped around for it. He went to the shop advertising the cheapest price, but was told it was out of stock. He then went to a shop down the road, and on being told the higher price he said "But they sell them at x in so & so's!" The salesman said "Then why don't you get one there?" My friend replied "But they're out of stock", to which the salesman responded - "Ours are that price when they're out of stock!"

Jim

photo_owl
23rd April 2010, 06:27 PM
I hope I am wrong John, but I think you have 2 Hopes, & Bob is dead :rolleyes: so......................:D

well they have been selling these in store for around a year at 99 so I don't see why this is a complete no-brainer.........however as you couldn't get those mail order there was never a realistic match of supply and demand

online offers are a different thing - my money is on the order being met (but with a possible re-evaluation of future online pricing

StephenL
23rd April 2010, 07:03 PM
I got a 40-150 at 79.95 from them a couple of weeks ago no problems and I see now they're out of stock. Not surprising at those prices.

j.baker
29th April 2010, 02:46 PM
Just a quick update.

I had my 35mm macro shipped.....but the courier has lost it :(

They attempted to deliver it, carded me, and now cannot find it.

Ulfric M Douglas
29th April 2010, 05:28 PM
Tell us which courier so we can all have a RANT! :mad:

j.baker
29th April 2010, 05:33 PM
DHL Express....which is not the same as DHL International.

There has also been a small development.

I called the courier depot and they said that they could not locate it, but would look again and call me back. They did not call back.

I called currys, and the CSR called DHL and DHL said that they were waiting for currys to request a re-delivery. Neither I or the Currys CSR had encountered that before. DHL told Currys that they would try to re-deliver it on Friday, although it may have been too late to request it.

I then asked Currys what they could do if DLH had lost it, they can only refund the purchase value, not the current replacement value.

So, the worst case is I get a refund. Best case is I get a new lens......that I did not really need anyway ;)

j.baker
30th April 2010, 11:44 AM
DHL found my lens....it had been lost under a seat.

They delivered it, just upgraded it for FW V1.2 and it works.

Crippledsandwich
8th May 2010, 10:35 PM
Well i hope they come back into stock! its a steel at that price

malcapone
10th May 2010, 05:39 AM
Currys are very good at advertising things cheap and the when you look they are always out of Stock - I'ts like Grounhog Day - AAAARGH Currys I hate em!