PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Flash Question?

DekHog
21st April 2010, 04:25 PM
I just bought a Metz 48 AF-1 to go with my E-600, and it works perfectly well, but....

When I set RC Mode on the camera, I can't back out of the menu system without switching it to off again? Pressing 'menu' backs out to the main menu list, but pressing it again brings me back to the wireless flash menu; a half press on the shutter button does the same thing.

Is this correct?... it means you have to disable RC Mode every time you finish using it to get back to your normal 'super control panel' on the LCD. If this is by design, it's an appallingly bad piece of design... *shrug

Wreckdiver
21st April 2010, 05:53 PM
My E-3 does exactly the same.

Steve

DekHog
21st April 2010, 05:58 PM
I'm sorry, but that's absolutely crazy, mental, stupid, and other words I can't even type on here without getting banned! What's the point in it? I'm speechless at the total and utter stupidity of this.... *shrug

Graham_of_Rainham
21st April 2010, 06:40 PM
I can swap between the RC Flash Control Menu and the Super Control Panel Menu by pressing the Info button (1st press - Blank Screen, 2nd Press - SCP, 3rd press RC )

Any help :)

Jim Ford
21st April 2010, 06:48 PM
I'm sorry, but that's absolutely crazy, mental, stupid, and other words I can't even type on here without getting banned! What's the point in it? I'm speechless at the total and utter stupidity of this.... *shrug

Yeah - irritating isn't it!

Jim

photo_owl
21st April 2010, 07:00 PM
you are confusing things -

when RC flash is enabled it creates the flash info screen

you now have blank, super control panel and flash control panel as your info options which are cycled when pressing the info button

pressing menu takes you from an info screen to the menu, pressing it again takes you back to the last info screen you used; exactly how I would have designed it (but I didn't)

DekHog
21st April 2010, 08:15 PM
The Info button!

I suppose that's documented in the user manual that I (never) read from front to back? :D

What a relief, I thought I'd bought a camera designed by the stupidest man on the planet.... :rolleyes: