PDA

View Full Version : Small grey circle appears on all my images

Mac
20th April 2010, 11:33 AM
Hi, A small small dark circle has suddenly appeared on all of the images I took last Sunday, the day before the shots have a lot of trees in the background so I cannot tell if it appears in them. I have just purchased a 70-300 mm lens so I thought that was the problem, but it happens on all of my lenses. I have cleaned all of the lenses, but I have not tried to clean the mirror because I have no idea how to do it safely. I hope it is nothing serious because the guarentee ran out last week. Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this. I have put a couple of photos to show what the problem is. Thanks Mac

OlyPaul
20th April 2010, 11:57 AM
That would be a dust bunny (out of focus dust partical on the sensor), if you had brought any other brand you would have been seeing many of these after a few weeks, one in a year is not bad.:)

Rocket blower or if its a sticky dust partical (like pollen) which it proberbly is to get past the Oly dust reduction then you may need to wet clean the sensor or use a spot pen.

Mac
20th April 2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks for answering my question, I am glad is nothing serious. The way my luck is going lately, if I bought some shoelaces the sole would come away from the uppers. I must have clicked the the wrong link because my camera is a E-520 but they are near enough the same.Thanks again Mac

stevednp3
20th April 2010, 08:26 PM
Hi Mac

I had exactly the same problem a few weeks back and was looking into costs for a professional clean and then decided to leave it till the summer to have done and carried on using the camera in the meantime then....... one day just totally disappeared, I dont know if the dust just moved on its own or if the dust protection vibrated it off, but its gone now

So I'd recommend to give it a few weeks and see if it moves on its own before trying any internal cleaning

*chr

Mac
22nd April 2010, 12:55 AM
Hi Steve, I used a blower on the camera & it worked perfectly, the mark has dissappeared from my images. Now a small speck has appeared in the top right corner when I look through the viewfinder but it does not appear in the photos, so I can live with that. I am pleased with this camera I get a lot of what I call pretty good photos from it, not as good as the ones that are shown on your forums, but who knows I might improve enough to send one in someday. Thanks for the advice Mac

Wreckdiver
22nd April 2010, 06:30 AM
I had one identical to this. Using a puffer blower would not shift it so I brushed it of with a lens cleaning brush without any problems.

Steve

Shaw
22nd April 2010, 08:29 AM
Hi Steve

I had a similar problem to yours last year. I left it alone, and it completely disappeared after a few days

Wreckdiver
22nd April 2010, 09:20 AM
Hi Steve

I had a similar problem to yours last year. I left it alone, and it completely disappeared after a few days

Yes. You sometimes get a stubborn bit of dust that takes several powering on/cleaning cycles to get rid of them.

Steve