PDA

View Full Version : E-620 Gripped v E30

chrism_scotland
18th April 2010, 11:54 AM
I previously had an E620 and while I was delighted with the image quality I did find the small grip a wee bit hard to hold sometimes, I sold my E620 and went back to a Sony A700 which I also had to sell in Jan, now I'm looking to get back into the game and there seem to be some cracking prices on the E620 at present.
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if the E620 with the battery grip handled anything like the E30?

I liked the larger standard grip on the E-30 but I remember a guy in Jacobs saying to me at the time that a grip for the E-620 would make it much easier to hold for someone like me with larger hands, just wondering if this is the case?

forester
18th April 2010, 12:15 PM
I previously had an E620 and while I was delighted with the image quality I did find the small grip a wee bit hard to hold sometimes, I sold my E620 and went back to a Sony A700 which I also had to sell in Jan, now I'm looking to get back into the game and there seem to be some cracking prices on the E620 at present.
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if the E620 with the battery grip handled anything like the E30?

I liked the larger standard grip on the E-30 but I remember a guy in Jacobs saying to me at the time that a grip for the E-620 would make it much easier to hold for someone like me with larger hands, just wondering if this is the case?
I have larger hands, also had the E-620 with grip ok, but the E-30 with grip and heavyish lens the E-30 gets my vote every time.
*chr
Richard

DekHog
18th April 2010, 02:42 PM
The E-620/600 with grip handles very well, but the grip doesn't make much difference in landscape orientation, but is great in the portrait position - if the grip on the camera was as deep as the grip on the battery grip, it would be perfect - I have quite small hands so find it ok, but can imagine that someone with slightly larger mitts would find it hard to handle...