PDA

View Full Version : Will Tamron make 4/3rds lenses?

David.M
7th April 2010, 03:53 PM
While I was at Focus this year, I decided to ask around and see whether there was any news on 4/3rds lenses due for release this year. I asked one stand that was displaying Tamron lenses, whether Tamron had any plans to make 4/3rds lenses and they told me that they were going to enter the 4/3rds market in around 6-8 months due to it's growing popularity. I've used a Tamron lens on an OM-10 and I always got good results so the posibility that they will make digital 4/3rds lenses interested me. I searched about a bit on google to see if I could find anything to back this up but so far drawn a blank. Does anybody have any more info or heard the same rumor?

Ian
7th April 2010, 04:18 PM
While I was at Focus this year, I decided to ask around and see whether there was any news on 4/3rds lenses due for release this year. I asked one stand that was displaying Tamron lenses, whether Tamron had any plans to make 4/3rds lenses and they told me that they were going to enter the 4/3rds market in around 6-8 months due to it's growing popularity. I've used a Tamron lens on an OM-10 and I always got good results so the posibility that they will make digital 4/3rds lenses interested me. I searched about a bit on google to see if I could find anything to back this up but so far drawn a blank. Does anybody have any more info or heard the same rumor?

I am hearing little hints that Sigma will start to make Micro Four Thirds lenses. I'll be very frank with you; the Tamron response is probably in respect of Micro Four Thirds, not Four Thirds. In any case, with what you can choose from for Four Thirds from Sigma, Olympus, and Panasonic Leica, Four Thirds is not exactly desperate for lenses, thankfully.

Ian

David.M
7th April 2010, 06:39 PM
I'd also heard that Sigma are looking at entering the micro 4/3rds market but no mention of what they intend of releasing. Sigma told me at Focus that they will be extending the range of lenses available for 4/3rds in the coming months but again didn't hint at what they would be releasing.