PDA

View Full Version : HELP! 70-300 lens won't auto focus

Roberta
30th March 2010, 07:57 AM
I changed back to it and it does not focus on Auto. I changed when th ecaera was in the off mode. I have put other lenses on and they are OK. So what have I done..................
Roberta

Roberta
30th March 2010, 08:07 AM
DUH.............I see why I'm a junior I had managed to turn the lens to manual focus. We had a very fast moving weather cell yesterday and I as going between lenses, so must have done it then.
Roberta

StephenL
30th March 2010, 08:17 AM
I think I'm right in saying that this lens is the only one in Olympus' range which has a manual focus switch, so it's an easy error to make.

theMusicMan
30th March 2010, 09:35 AM
As I read the thread, I was going to suggest that it might be the 'Manual' switch on the lens... glad you got it sorted.

baldyb
30th March 2010, 11:49 AM
I'll own up to having done exactly the same thing on my 70-300 and also to thinking I'd broken my 18-180, forgetting that had I put it the locked position earlier :p

Nick Temple-Fry
30th March 2010, 11:55 AM
I think we all do it.

My pet 'hate' is the focus range locks on some lenses - very useful but a real pain if you forget, I 'lose' photo opportunities while I curse the 'inexplicable' inability to focus.

Nick

obrugman
5th April 2010, 06:45 PM
Happened to me to. It is easy to make this mistake because if you carry this lens with the sun hood attached pointing backwards, the hood will cover the AF/MF switch and you simply forget it's there....